I don't need no stinkin carbs

alex

I was recently instructed to go on a low carb diet, no white bread, pasta, potatoes, white rice or sugary stuff yadayadayada. Well.......It's not workin too well right now. Anyone know a really good low carb diet plan that I can look at but not follow?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I just lost 15 lbs in 2 weeks. Emotional crisis. I don't recommend this method though.
I say eat what you like and be happy.:smash: :spin:

unclehobart

this is my special title
The carbs they are keeping you away from are the processed ones. The ones that hit the bloodstream really quickly after you eat them. Those kinds of carbs dont stay in your bloodstream very long and almost always get converted into fat. They are looking to get you to switch over to a more resistive carbohydrate that takes your body sometimes hours to consume. Carbohydrates taste good and fulfill our cravings, but, unfortunately, even though they may be low-fat or fat-free, they can add pounds, and raise your levels of insulin, cholesterol and triglycerides. Your body weight control mechanism is essentially insulin. The modern human diet of fast sugars causes massive insulin surges to control it all. The body becomes numb to insulin after time and resists the energy reduction reflex of converting excess pounds from fat back into sugar. All you feel is more and more cravings. In this case you have to tough it out for about 6 weeks to retrain your body clock and sensitivity levels to normal foods. You will get a starving reflex... but it will be a false one. YOu wont be satisfied by resistive carbos... like raw veggies... but you actually are... you've just lost the ability to recognize it since the fast sugars always came with that little 'high'. Its not a matter of coming up with a diet that you can live with. Its a matter of toughing it out in the short run. One day... your body will revert to where it needs to be and you wont miss the old stuff one bit.

unclehobart

this is my special title
As a sidebar. To help you speed along into a better area. Overdose on antioxidant vitamins and start taking a DHEA supplement. DHEA is the shit.

alex

yep, that's about it. My body is still producing insulin but it's not using it. Eventually it will stop producing it which leads to diabeties. I have to retrain my body to use the insulin it produces. This ain't gonna be easy:cry:

Q, I hope nothing serious. Noticed you haven't been around much. Hope things get better for you;)

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Thanks pad. I recently seperated from my husband...hence the emotional crisis. Things are getting better.
Now as far as this food thing goes....I take back what I said about eat what you want and be happy....
when my blood sugar gets low...I come completely unglued.
If you can afford it, talk to a dietician. I don't know a lot about it, but I do know. your body uses the complex carbohydrates more efifciently with protiens....maybe you just need to eat a chicken breast or a hunk of steak with your pread or pasta.