How would you commemorate the Twin Towers and loss of life???

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Well, thats the basic question. I figured we would have some very good suggestions/opinions here so please post em'!!!

I would like to see the towers on a U.S. coin, either quarter or .50 cent pc. Something that will be around for a while, unlike the Susan B........

Maybe a memorial at DC.........

Come on guys... post your ideas here!!!

Attachments

• now1.jpg
    now1.jpg
    19.5 KB · Views: 52

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
By rebuilding the towers as high, or higher & putting a memorial garden on the roof of one or both of them.

It seems that many architects are suddenly "downsizing" plans on the drawing boards, and that must not be allowed to happen.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
As much as I'd like to see the towers rebuilt...and believe me I'm majorly into architecture...I just don't know how many people would want to go into a high rise that tall again everyday. Although I would imagine it would be a 3 year project after the year they expect it to take to clean up. Maybe 4 years down the road people will feel better about it.
Ok, talked myself right into that...yeah rebuild them suckers...and nice memorial garden on top like Gonz suggested and some smartly dressed snipers.

...AND a coin, but not a quarter. They didn't even finish minting all the state ones yet. A half dollar or a dollar.

AMDnut

I agree Gonzo, they should not be downsized. The new should indeed be higher and better!

s4 - That goes without saying!!! :D

Kinda like flyin' Q....... we need to learn not to be scared/worried. If we let that happen, the terrorist win. Glad you talked yourself into it! I like the sniper idea too!

ris

i am my my own evil twin
leave the site empty, clear it, a gap in the packed real estate of NY.

or, dig a 110story hole into the ground as a reminder of what once went above.

i feel that any tower (s) that stand there will forever be infused with meaning that perhaps they shouldn't and may be incompatible with their lives as offices.
a statement of open space is like the scar, a memory that can't be forgotten, but has healed. it can also be for all and a sign that the world is a changed place.

jus' my tuppence.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
A smartly-dressed sniper may hit an airliner traveling at 300+MPH, but it won't take it down. In the event that the sniper was equipped with a few choice SAMs, it would fall into Queens or Brooklyn, killing thousands & burning down thier neifgborhood-still not good. How about the sniper has a Klingon Disruptor, set to vaporize:scared:

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
ok, so smartly dressed sniper was a little understated....Klingon vaporizer? fine by me.:evillaff:

Outlaw69

Banned
some sorta memorial ..maybe some stuff from the wreckage and some kinda wall thing like they have for the vietnam vets...or combine the wreckage and wall and make it that with all the names on it.

to bad a shitload of innocent people are still gonna die because of all this. real bummer everyone can't get along.

S

s4

I have my doubts that the US will be able to catch those behind these attacks. Any building that is put in its' place will be a constant reminder of what was. I think a large statue on top of the new building with a reproduction of Lady Liberty with her middle index finger pointing towards the Afgan nation would be nice.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Two towers, probably 60 stories tall will be built on the site, along with a memorial park. Steel workers have brought down one side of the 'chip' (remains of one of the towers) to be included in the memorial.

It's going to take a while though. Early estimates of both going back to work in my building and going back to school on Cortlandt Street – 4-6 months.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I like both of s4's ideas

And maybe incorporate Gonzo's Klingon Disruptor idea into Lady Liberty's middle finger? :D

ris

i am my my own evil twin
just as an addition to this discussion - according to the UK archi press the current thinking of the WTC owners is to return to the original scheme for the towers that was never built: 4 towers of 50 towers.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
...Just do it where he lives prof. Cuz he neede killin' is a vaid defense in the south.:smash:

AMDnut

Anything less, or smaller than what the originals were is a mistake, IMHO. It is admitting that the terrorist achieved what they wanted, to instill fear..........

Just my opinion.