How stoopid do I look????

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
You know, I consider myself to be fairly intelligent. You'd think that some of that would rub off on my children, wouldn't you?

My daughter is in the 3rd grade. Her teacher is a good friend of mine - he and ku'u have known each other forever ... I see him often in and out of school. He knows my phone number, he knows where I live and he's at ku'u's house a lot, which is RIGHT next door to me. So, you'd think that my daughter, knowing all of this, would be "on it" as far as homework is concerned, right? Well, the answer to that question would be a big, fat, resounding NO.

He called me this morning to inform me that my daughter hasn't turned in any homework all week. Now, mind you, I started school this week, received $50,000 worth of computer equipment that needed to be set up, and moved offices but as her mother I STILL made time to help her with her homework ... hmm.. but alluvasudden my daughter thinks she's David Copperfield and her homework has oh-so-magically disappeared!

*sigh* ... Let's have the mommy rundown, shall we?

The eldest ... pretty reliable .. always needs to have a function .. isn't the best student in the world but tries ... will sass me every once in a while .... very bossy, especially with the sibs (he has grounded them from drinking iced water from the refridge because they don't fill up the container)

The middle ... forgotten a lot ... does his own thing ... almost never asks for help with homework and really doesn't need it ... only does "what he needs to" and nothing more ... can be very very selfish ....

The youngest ... is, at this moment, making me crazy.

Ok ... yep .. just as I suspected ... I suck.

alex

Children are wonderful, are'nt they. I have a 21 year old son that is on a fast track to being homeless :mad:

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
You have a 21 year-old son? Wow ... I thought you didn't have any kids ... so that means you must be *counting on both hands* ... I'm just playing, hun ;)

I told ku'u that I'm considering sending my daughter to her grandmother (her dad's mom) for a month or so .. for the shock value ... but you know, I don't know if I could do that ... but I tell you this - this is the first time I've ever considered it ....

alex

I have a 24 year old daughter too, and three grandchildren.

WAIT.....COME BACK NA.....DON'T RUN :D

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
holy cow ... I didn't realize you had grandchildren too! How old are they?

me? run? never .. I don't do "run" :D

alex

well, v1.0 has two daughters, 6 (beautiful carrot top redhead) and almost 2. v2.0 has one son who just turned 3, he is the light of my life :angel:

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Na, I havent had the boy do that yet. BUT if he does, his uncle is a deputy sherrif so ill send him to the pokey!!!!

Pad, man didnt realize you had kids that old.:D

kuulani

nan, even though your kids drives us all nuts at times, you gotta love 'em!! Especially when they bake us cake ;)

Seriously though, at least the worst thing your kids are into is not doing their homework, it could be worst *knock on wood*

*checking if CPS is around* wanna borrow my :whip: ? :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
the thread title said:
Well, although it may sound biased, I don't think you look stoopid at all :grin:

*marks down another brownie point for calling her not stupid ;D*

BigDadday

Everday People
Is there a possible reason for the child to be rebelling against you? Sometimes it's also a way for them to try to get attention and no I'm no doctor just trying to help.

As far as yourself NEVER rethink what you are or have done for your children because they all have been given 100% from you so you need not worry. BD:whip:

kuulani

fury said:
the thread title said:
Well, although it may sound biased, I don't think you look stoopid at all :grin:

*marks down another brownie point for calling her not stupid ;D*

Sounds like you're preparing for another round of humping ;)