How many of you use PDA's.......

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Are any of you using Palm organizors?
If so, what kind?

I'm using the Visor Platinum....... and I'm thinking of overclocking it.....

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I'd probably use one if I had one, but I'm not going to go out of my way to get one.

I don't travel much anyway

AMDnut

I'm getting to old to remember numbers and such! And I hate taking the time to write everything down. It's easier to type it and have the data on the Palm and a copy on the computer also.

Just wondering who here uses them. I like to tweak and play with any electronic gizmo.........

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I like playing with little electronic gizmos too :cool:

I used to have something similar to a PDA, it was one of the early versions of HPC's (Handheld PCs) that used Windows CE.

4 color greyscale, hard to type on, touch screen, backlight... It was pretty amazing the first time I saw it (about 5 years ago) :smash:

Now I've lost it and I can't find it again :(

Mikelh

I use the Handspring Visor.

I keep a client contact list, travel itinerary, calendar of events, appointments, reminders, etc.

It's more convenient than a Daytimer and takes up a lot less space on the job and in storage.

Michael

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You know, I'd probably be more in favor of using a decent laptop with win2k and a touch screen display than a PDA or HPC, for the purpose of taking your contact list with you when travelling, etc... you can store a lot more stuff on it, it's faster, etc etc... and you can run genome on it! That's not the reason I'd want one though, seriously! :D

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I got no need for one. Pen and paper work ust fine for me.
I did buy one for the wife on her birthday. She says it the best gift that she's ever gotten from me.

It's a nice little Casio. Very slim.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I actually seem to have better luck storing things in files on my computer than using paper.

Paper usually gets mistaken for trash and thrown out by mom, or it gets marked all over by my brothers and THEN thrown out by mom :/

I had a whole list of all my passwords, Windows CD keys, etc etc on a piece of paper and it got ripped up by my brothers and marked all over with black permanent marker. Mom mistook it for an otherwise blank piece of paper since virtually nothing else besides the permanent marker was visible :cry2:

Strangely enough, candy wrappers and candy bar cardboard holder thingies NEVER get thrown away, ripped up, or marked on, so to test a theory, I wrote my win98se CD key on the cardboard holder thingie from a Caramello, threw it down in the space between my book shelf and my desk, and it has remained there ever since.
:smash:
:worm:

AMDnut

I agree fury!

Any paper that I use gets destroyed or lost as well. My computer files get doubled and backed up so I keep things a little better.

Definately less room than a daytimer Mike!

Seems like the Visor seems to be the choice so far.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I've got a Casio Casiopeia running Win CE with a fantastic color display. It was between that and the Compaq iPaq for me and at the time the Casiopeia had a rebate running which made it about $150 less.

I just read that mine is overclockable too! :D

AMDnut

Burn it up flav!!! :D
I haven't started tweaking mine yet........ yet......... yet........ I can't resist it!!!