How do you all feel about Jesus?

Hey all,

I just wondered if any of you here ar Christians? You don't have to be one to answer this question obviously, I just wondered.

How do you all feel about Jesus?

I am a Christian and I love Jesus very much. I just wanted you all to know that you could ask me stuff if you wanted to. I am not a force feeder type!

Hope you all have a wonderful day :D

kuulani

My religion has many gods. But I also grew up learning about your God and Jesus and believe there's some truth there too.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Does it really matter how one feels about Jesus? Shouldn't the question be, do you follow the teachings of Jesus? Thought is so much more interesting than feelings.

systembuilder

Folding@home
I am a Christian and I love Jesus however I don't follow any religions because they will allways bad mouth the other and thats
not what the good book says we should do

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
HEY B4TMANN!

That fact that yer unafraid to stand for Jesus is impressive.

Very few will stand for anything, much less, the "narrow-minded" radical concept of God comin' to Earth as a baby for the express purpose of dyin' the death of a common thief, jus' to save a buncha stubborn, self-righteous people who have no interest in Him anyhow.

But I thank God, He did!

I believe He is the Way, the Truth, an' the Life. An' that no man comes to God, but through Him.

:)

trinity1

1 of 3
Jesus Is Just Alright
A. Reynolds
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, Jesus is just alright
I don't care what they may say
I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright

I don't care what they may know
I don't care where they may go
I don't care what they may know
Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

Jesus, he's my friend; Jesus, he's my friend
He took me by the hand; Led me far from this land
Jesus, he's my friend

I don't care what they may say, I don't care what they may do
I don't care what they may say, Jesus is just alright, oh yeah

From the Doobie Bros.

Hey 75Renegade

Thanks for the Comments.

I will stand up for him. I don't care what anyone else thinks. I don't care if I get made fun of. It don't matter. It's all good.

I agree with you.

No one comes to the Father but through Jesus!

Thanks Renegade.

Thanks also to all who have posted replys. I love you all :D

Later,
-B

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Gonzo said:
Does it really matter how one feels about Jesus? Shouldn't the question be, do you follow the teachings of Jesus? Thought is so much more interesting than feelings.

The real question is... do you accept Jesus as your personal saviour... the one and only way to salvation? Following his teachings won't get you to heaven if you can't answer YES. Not following his teachings will not send you to hell if you have truly answered YES. It is not about rules. It is about God's grace in which he sent Jesus to be sacrificed on the cross as he bore the sins of the world. The desire to follow the teachings of Jesus grows naturally out of the gratitude we have for His sacrifice as we mature spiritually.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
There's going to be a whole lot of unhappy Jews, Muslims, Hundus, Buddahists, Atheists, etc

flavio

superfly
Staff member
wine4all said:
Gonzo said:

The real question is... do you accept Jesus as your personal saviour... the one and only way to salvation? Following his teachings won't get you to heaven if you can't answer YES. Not following his teachings will not send you to hell if you have truly answered YES. It is not about rules. It is about God's grace in which he sent Jesus to be sacrificed on the cross as he bore the sins of the world. The desire to follow the teachings of Jesus grows naturally out of the gratitude we have for His sacrifice as we mature spiritually.

I can't really see how so much importance could be placed on the personal savior thing. Grades should be awarded based on performance and effort.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
flavio said:
[bI can't really see how so much importance could be placed on the personal savior thing over Grades should be awaqrded based on performance and effort. [/b]

Take courage Flav., ya stand in a big crowd of folks who feel jus' like ya do!

It's only a natural thing to wanna "work" in order to earn our way, but that's what distinguishes the Christian faith from "religion". Religion is spelled, DO........but Biblical Christianity is spelled, DONE. ('Cause it's about exceptin' what Christ has done to make it possible for us to have a relationship with God, as well as a place with Him in Heaven for eternity.) Christ's righteousness is applied to our "account", if ya will, when we accept His sacrifice which atones for our sinful condition, by faith.

It's a free gift which cannot be earned, but rather jus' received. A very frustratin' concept, no doubt. 'Specially in a culture where self-reliance is stressed as strongly as it is, an' receivin' gifts of any kind, leaves folks feelin' like, "I owe ya one". That mindset is a tough one to get over, no question!

Sadly, all too often, folks feel like they jus' gotta get their lives in order, in order to approach this "mysterious" Holy God who punishes for sin. Not so! He wants folks to come to Him in whatever messed up state we're in, an' receive this free gift..........He loves us that much.

Don't know how many years ya've been at the business of tryin' to earn a desireable place in the "hereafter", if ya have, but I'm 33, an' I tried alot of different ways of appeasin' my conscience in those regards. Nothin' I tried left me with any lastin' sense satisfaction that I could truely be found acceptable in the sight of a Holy God............I'm jus' too selfish!

A person has to let go of the attitude of pride that says, "I don't need God's help, I can do this thing myself", which is, perhaps the most difficult hurdle to get over. Typically, most folk trip over this one, fall, an' never get back up to even try again.

Interestingly, I find that God knows, very well, how to bring down even the stongest-willed folks amoung us, an' many curse Him for it, but I'm greatful that He allowed me to get over myself long enough to believe, an' be set free from the endless treadmill of tryin' to earn my own way, (which is impossible, accordin' to His word)!

He won't force the free will He gave ya, Flav. Ya gotta wanna get off the treadmill. When yer ready, you'll find Him there to set ya free as well.

For what it's worth, that' my 2 cents.........Peace bro.:)

rae

oetkbbyetdia
very well said 75renegade, I think that christains should worship God thier own way. I do. I have tried several different churches, and everyone had at least one hypocrite. Love God your way and he will Love you back. WORKS FOR ME

flavio

superfly
Staff member
You say christians should worship in their own way. What about the Jews, Buddhists, and Muslims? Can't they worship in their own way as well?

It's odd that members of a particular religion are able to assume that their way is the only way. In most cases an individuals particular religion is not picked by them, it just defaults to the one they were born into.

systembuilder

Folding@home
to my way of thinking it doesn't matter what religion you belong to . as long as you love God . we all go to the same place when we die.

rae

oetkbbyetdia
systembuilder said:
to my way of thinking it doesn't matter what religion you belong to . as long as you love God . we all go to the same place when we die.
oops i forgot i was on systembuilder's computer,