Homosexuals get the bum rap? (Dblpost-OTC)

MrBishop

Felix Culpa
Good morning folx...just got a fax which set me off. It's a petition going against Homosexual Marriage and used several popular arguments...religious and terminological. The one that caught my eye was that "If gays were allowed to be married, this would allow them to adopt. It is well known that despite the fact that only 1% of the population is gay, that 50% of pedophiles are gay" Followed by " Why allow gay men and women to raise the next generation in their own image?"

Well...to say the least...this ticked me off. They're using two irrationalities and one outright lie to make people sign their petition.

Let's shed some light on the issue shall we?

Pedophilia is not homosexuality, nor is it heterosexuality...it is pedophilia. You might as well be linking bestiality with either one of the two. "Sir...when you're screwing the pooch...do you prefer male or female dogs?"

Let's just talk about the statistics of it first, shall we? The numbers are erroneous. In a recent survey amongst convicted pedophiliac, over 80% said that they were heterosexual and preferred sex with the opposite sex (adult) when they could get it. That's a mere 20% for homosexuals... by all means, ban Heterosexual unions...they can adopt too!

To state that Homosexuals who adopt are likely to molest their own kids is preposterous. Ca you imagine going through all that trouble to adopt just to fuck it all up by molesting them. Hmmm?

Parent 16%
Police 13%
Friend/neighbor 16%
School personnel 11%
Other relative 12%
Subject child 3%
Anonymous 3%
Medical practitioners 2%

The statistics point to 28% of victims being related directly to their victimizer. There's still a 72% chance that this wouldn't happen within the family. If you take into affect the gay/not-gay percentages...that would mean only a 5.6% chance of a gay coupling to molest their own kids, as opposed to a 28% chance in heterosexual unions. Hmmm

In the case of homosexuals influencing their kids to be gay as well...well, Homosexuality has been proven to be a non-learned behavior...that is, you can't catch being gay. Homosexuality, although not really narrowed down, tends to be hereditary (the least likely because in order to pass on your genes, you'd pretty much have to be straight...at least for one night). or environmental...which wouldn't make a damn difference if your parents are gay or not.

So...with all this in mind...I think that gay couples that want to marry and even adopt...should be allowed to do so. What about you? Think they're getting a bum rap?