@homo sucks

alex

yep, seems to be just fine. way faster than dial-up. email server has been down a few times.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Thats why I bought my DSL service right from the phone company. They may be a slow monopoly, but there sure as hell can fix it better and faster when it all breaks down. All of the little subproviers and resellers can't do anything. All they can do is beg the phone company to fix their mistakes. ...Can you say waaaay down the priority list?

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
I use @home. They were down probably <0.1% of the time. The worst was 1 Week. They had moved me to a different node physically but didn't migrate my computer account to it. The news and mail servers have been flaky in the past, but not in 6 months.

Hope someone good buys them (or lord, NOT AOL!).

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I've never had a problem with them-'sides the mail, and that is usually only a couple of hours.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by patweb
Hope someone good buys them (or lord, NOT AOL!).
OMG, I never thought of that! Now I'm gonna have nightmares:scared:

Outlaw69

Banned
AT & T bought the sprint for my area, so the cable modem is cool now. Second question is... how many of you clicked my 'yes' 'no' buttons....admit it, you clicked them

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by Outlaw69
AT & T bought the sprint for my area, so the cable modem is cool now.

Are you talking about Sprint Canada? They don't have cable. They have DSL and as far as I know AT&T didn't buy them. Also they only sell their DSL service to business's not residential. I would know, my wife works for Sprint.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Originally posted by Fuser Man

Are you talking about Sprint Canada? They don't have cable. They have DSL and as far as I know AT&T didn't buy them. Also they only sell their DSL service to business's not residential. I would know, my wife works for Sprint.

They did. now it's AT&T

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Originally posted by PostCode

They did. now it's AT&T

No they didn't. AT&T Canada is different from AT&T US. AT&T Canada is owned by Rogers who use Exite as their internet cable supplier. Sprint Canada is owned by Callnet.