Staff member
4 games into the new baseball season & they are outta the gate in a hurry

PLAYER TEAM #
Barry Bonds SFO 5
Alex Ochoa MIL 3
Sammy Sosa CHN 3

S

s4

Did you know that Bonds got threats last year when he was close to the record? I saw him on tv saying that it caused him to be nervous and affected his performance at the end of the season wondering if the threats were real.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I don't doubt it in the least. He's black. There are a lot of bigot's who have nothing better to do than threaten a man with his life just because he's breaking the record of another man. It just so happens the other man is white.

In a way, I hope that this record stays in the books. Barry Bonds is a great player. He's been consistant through the years and still has a few good one's left. I would really like to see him break Bambino's record though. As with all records, they're meant to be broken.

S

s4

I think he could break his own record this year. Wouldn't that be something?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Hell yeah. The way he's spankin' those balls outta the park now leaves no doubt he could do it again.

I LOVE THIS GAME!

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
After Hank Aaron broke Babes record he got lots of threats. Now Bonds is getting them too? What if Sammy Sosa does it? I thought we'd moved past that era...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
One would think so Gonzo.... Anti-Semitism, racism, and all the rest of the ism's out there are still with us. Hell, ANti-Semitism is starting to create a problem in France now with the crap that's going on in the middle east.

S

s4

I saw it on tv. Bonds said that some people from law enforcement came to his door and told him about the threats during the later part of the season. He said it affected him during the last few games.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Sammy has to do it, because without him, the Cubs don't even have an offense as good as Class A's Kane County Cougars. :eek:

Wait, I think the Cubs just left another runner on base. :D