Hitler's ex-secretary recalls Fuehrer

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.salon.com/people/wire/2002/02/11/hitler/index.html]During her three years as one of Adolf Hitler's secretaries, most of Europe's Jews died at the hands of the Nazis and World War II was at its height, but Traudl Junge remembers the fuehrer as a kindly father figure.
[/QUOTEURL]

This story is unbelievable. It's too long to copy and paste, so read the whole thing at the link above.

It's nice she revealed some issues which we're unknown before. Now the historics can stop arguing about whether he poisened himself or shot himself through the head :rolleyes:

Better late than never....
I wouldn't call her a dipshit though...a lot of people close to the Führer saw him as a nice and friendly man.

But on the other hand, didn't some people even saw Joseph Stalin as a fatherly figure? And that while he's responsible for the deaths of a lot of more people than Hitler.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I did call her a dipshit and I'm glad I called her a dipshit. :D

Ah, it won't matter to her anyway, she'll be dead soon...

But if calling her a dipshit makes you feel better, than it's OK ;)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I'll read the story in a bit, but following the jist of the arguement here-everybodycan be a nice guy. I'm sure Jeffery Dahmer, when he wasn't eating the flesh from your body was probably a very nice & considerate gentelman. That's one of my pet peeves, giving scumbags the benefit of the doubt because he/she hasn't actually hurt you. Ask Johnny binWalkers mom.

S

s4

I found the story very surprising. How could she possibly not know the things he was doing or at least some of them? I've heard speeches he made in public on tv. Could she really not see what he was?