hit well down the left field line....

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Last night on the Score (Canadian sports station) they were showing the last innings of the best WS from the past. The last one they showed was the 9th Jays vs Phillies in '93. Everytime I see the highlight of Joe Carter hitting it over the left field fence I get goosebumps. Never fails. I feel like it just happened and want to start jumping up and down. There are some fav sports highlights I'll never forget(Doug Gilmour score a beauty spin around goal in doulble over time vs the Blues), but that homerun has to be the on the top of my list.(that is until the leafs win the cup, then I'll be going gaga!)

What I want to know is do you guys and gals feel the same way about something your favourite has done?

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Sid Bream (He of the shot knees) sliding into home to clinch the pennant for the Braves in 1991. That year was magic all the way around, but that was the supreme moment, to me.

S

s4

I enjoyed the 1984 playoffs between the Cubs and Padres. Goose Gosage whizzed 3 fast balls at over 100 mph past Ryne Sandburg and struck him out late in a playoff game. After that, it was pretty much over for the Cubs thinking they were going to the series that year.

br0ck

Year: 1951
Place: Polo Grounds, NY
Teams: Brooklyn Dodogers vs. New York Giants
At Bat: Bobby Thomson
On Deck: Willie Mays

The sound clip will take it from here.

Bobby Thomson's At Bat (1.4M for you modem ppl)

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
You'd have to completely erase my mind to rid me of MJ's final shot, wow. It seems the Cubs may create a new one this year, they've gone from a potential playoff team to a legitimate World Series contender in just a matter of a few days, and the only major guy they've given up was Ruben Quevedo who was pitching up a storm in AAA, but with the Cubs current rotation was never going to really be given a shot, 1 through 5 have all been solid. It's unbelieveable, the entire trading market was pretty much dictated by MacPhail and the Cubs, something that's never happened before. When Mueller and White come back (Mueller could be back as soon as August 7 after shattering his kneecap earlier in the season), they'll have DeShields, Coomer and Stairs on the bench, and potentially four relievers who can pitch at a closer caliber, Farnsworth, Fassero, Weathers, and Gordon. Now that's depth! :) Also, 16 of the 25 guys on the current roster have playoff experience already, including 4 with World Series rings. They just need to realize they need to just get rid of Hundley, he's finished and taking up a roster spot.

Also, Fuser Man, I listen to another Score around here, you'd probably be able to pick it up there in Toronto if you'd like, WSCR 670 AM, but it's Chicago's top sports talk radio station. ;) Their funniest segment is "Who you crapping?" on Thursdays at 11:30 AM Central time, those guys are insane. :spin::lol::D