Help

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Page fault error "trap 0000000E"

then the system hangs. it won't boot to floppy (tells me the disc is incorrect) when I hit any key it says "Memory allocation error
Cannot load COMMAND.COM"

can't boot to CDRom, it hangs

this seems serious.

I've already pulled all the memory out of the board & put in a stick from this one. I pulled my sound card & ethernet card too-didn't help.

even cleared CMOS. Whenever I go into BIOS & restart I have to shut down or I lose video/it hangs, one or the other.

HeXp£Øi±

bloody
Weird. You're not trying to load any strange dos programs are you? That might actually be a cache memory problem...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Inside the BIOS setup program, you should see two different settings for cache RAM. One internal and the other external. Try disabling one or the other and reboot. Do it for each setting. Things will be pretty slow, especially if you disable both, but play with each one. Might help determine the issue.

Typically, trp messages have to do with screwed up Operating System files through. It could be that hardware is causing it though. Chances are, your going to have to reinstall the OS unless you backed up the HIVE's, which you will have to manually put back together, or created an ERD disk and can rescue the registry that way.

Gonzo

Staff member
I just pulled everything but HDD0, agp card & floppy-it booted. added hdd1, it booted. added cdrom0 it booted then crashed. I'm thinking hardware. time to earn a living but it's a start.

Gonzo

Staff member
Too damned weird. Exceptionally long day at the orifice (ohio :mad: ) come home, kiss the wife & son & head down here.

I unplug EVERYTHING, save the HDD0 & the video card. It boots, then kicks off, again. So, I decide to set the 1400@1566 to 1400. Everything works. Put it back in, piece by piece & restarted so many times it's scary. Everything was recognized & works (haven't tried CDRoms yet, but the properties work.) Seems my T-bird got tired of running so fast. :shrug: Althought, I think the mobo may be the ultimate culprit. There is a noise in the memory area that is new. Time to upgrade? :D

Another odd thing, which is what started me scrweing around with it in the first place. Whenever I run 3DMark2001, as soon as it gets to the hi-res test of teh first test, it kicks off. SOmetimes, only the benchmark & sometimes a complete spontaneious reboot. Maybe AGP is going bad or the card.

Either way, it's up-for now.

Gonzo

Staff member
unfortunately, no

got this utility, CTSpd & found 3/4 128 sticks have bad spots-good thing they're int he 550 :D

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
ROFLMAO!!!!

I just read in another thread someone saying "Why does CompTech always suggest 'Go into the BIOS and....'"

I was thinking "He can't ALWAYS sugeest that!"

Looks like he does!!:D

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Heh Nixy! :D

*says prayer for gonzo and rubs lil' statue of COMPUTA, sacred god of technical support*

Attachments

• dsc00459.jpg
    dsc00459.jpg
    46 KB · Views: 58

Gonzo

Staff member
*runs pointer over COMPUTA, sacred god of technical support in facsimille of a real rub.