Help with proxy settings for Genome@home, please?

Wonga

Hiya all,

I have Genome@home running fine on one of my machines, which has a modem in it. The problem is getting my other machine running it.

OK, it is networked to the PC has Genome running fine on. I also use this software proxy program to allow the use of internet on the machine. The software assigns 192.168.0.1 as the proxy address (from the machines IP address) and there are various port addresses for HTTP, FTP etc. (6588 for HTTP for instance)

So, when I set up Genome, it asks for port settings etc. Can anyone help me with what to put in there? I assume it is set up similarly to a router, but instead of a router I am using a software proxy.

Can anyone help me?

Thanks for any help, ideas. It should be easy, I hope! :)

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Actually, it's not. Your best bet is to run off network (nonet) on the machine without the modem. Every few days, transfer the entire G@H folder to the machine with the live connection, and transmit form there. Then copy the folder back and nonet again.

G@H2 is supposed to include proxy support, but we're still waiting for Stanfrd to release the #2 client.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
The way I did it when I had 2 machines and only one with a modem was that I set up the one with the modem to allow Internet Connection Sharing, and then the other one was networked to it via hub. That machine was tested and ran Genome (both off and on the net) successfully on Windows 98 and Linux with the ICS on the other machine (Win2k and Win98) enabled

Wonga

Thanks for the replies people. I think I will just wait until version 2 comes out before I put it on my other machine.