Hello right back AT ya !!

Deanril

To tell ya the truth I dont get into all the niddy griddy of specs and what not ,at this point I just want to fix and get it the hell outa my shop and move on to the next piece of junk car.

Im very busy ,I use to read the repair magazines and stuff ,and get into some of that stuff ,but I dont care its just $$$$ I drive fairly regular cars ,dont get into hotrods ,and building engines and all that good stuff.

Dont even watch nascar or go to the local drag strip.....Its just not my bag.

I have 2 jobs at same building now ,one is computer shop other is Automotive tech ,I do mostly diagnostics and Smogs allday ,I try and stay away from getting into heads and engine work ect...Im just to be to be dragged down for 8 hours on a big job.

But I have done it ALL pretty much ,Im just outa the trenches now and doing the HARD but easy to me work.

Most Auto techs cant get into Computer Controled engine diagnostics ,its a specialty to be able to take the 1 hour given to diagnose a vehicle with a drivability problem ,ALL vehicles not just chevy/ford everything from a-z ,and at times you have to spend more time .

But by no means do I know firing orders and timing specs and crank legnths off the top of my head ,Im just not into that part of the job ;)

jopes

Your Nightmare
so your saying you do not know much about the loved 300ci 6 cyclinder that ford made for over 30 years?

Ack.

besides that. what state ya live in. your talking bout all of this smog shit makes me think about asking you some stuff.

jopes

Your Nightmare
Right on dude. I have been up there a few times to go wheeling @ Priarie City.

We should hook up some weekend for some fun. :)

jopes

Your Nightmare
So does that mean I can drop in a 460 in my 78 bronco? :D

I heard it is allowed because the 78 was a Fedral vechile and the 460 is considered a federal motor.

Any info would be appriciated.

Deanril

You can "Drop in" any motor that the vehicle may have came with.

If there was a model that was from the factory, a 460 then sure you can ,you also need all the smog hardware to go with it ,then go to a Smog Referee and get a special sticker put on the vehicle.

If no vehicles came with a 460 then no way not legally.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Originally posted by Inkara1
Am I seeing this right, that the 200 Six went into the Falcon and Fairlane but not the Ranchero?
oops, forgot the Rancheroo.

jopes

Your Nightmare
the bronco never came with a 460. the biggest was the 400. which has oiling problems.

I heard because it is a federal vechile it can be done because of it's heavy duty rating.

Inkara1

I've been trying to get my dad to buy a 514 crate motor to drop into his 1969 Fairlane 4-door sedan (not a Fairlane 500 or Torino). It has a 302-2V with a C4 and a 2.87 (2.83?) 8-inch rear. So if we dropped in that 514 with an AOD, with a 9-inch rear with a freeway ratio, it should make it quite a fun car to have at a stoplight and should get better than 5 miles to the gallon on the freeway with the freeway gears and the O/D gear... and 1969 is smog-exempt. :D

We could name the car "almost stock." :lol:

not sure if he'd want to use it to commute 60 miles round-trip every day anymore like he does now...

K

krusty

You couldn't handle a 460 anyways jopey... stick with the 200cuin like Q said.... and don't go arguing with a woman.... hasn't SK taught you anything.... jeez. :D

jopes

Your Nightmare
Shaddup Mikey.

Or I will have to have SK bitch slap you silly....then again you may like that, I know I do! :D