Goodbye, my friend

flurff

As I lay in the corner of the room, cradling my battered and bruised Duron, wiping the Quicksilver away from its face, I wipe a tear away from my own. Thoughts are racing through my mind, mostly asking a question that will never be answered. Why? Why did it have to be this way? Why couldn't it have stopped with the Celeron 300a? Burning to a crisp in a fire crippled the Celeron... Burning from the inside out crippled the Duron... Will it never end? Will the madness and killing ever cease? Tears are streaming down my face as I hopelessly plug the Duron back in the motherboard, but alas, there is no chance in reviving a chip which has been put through enough heat to boil... Having finally realized there is nothing that can be done, I begin stripping down the computer of its components, sobbing painfully at each tug. The lump in my throat grew so big I can no longer speak, only sob. I cried until I had no tears left, and then I still cried. I've lost a friend very dear to me that can never... NEVER be replaced.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
pussy-it's machinery, not flesh & blood-

ps-it IS replaceable

flurff

edit: I had better not. This will just cause a huge fight that will destroy any potential friendships I could have with anyone here

flurff

Now that I worded it a little better, I might as well get my point across.

Originally posted by Gonzo
pussy-it's machinery, not flesh & blood-

ps-it IS replaceable

You don't have any idea what this processor meant to me.

It was a full time Genome cruncher that could've produced the virtual genome that saved a person's life. But now it's nothing. It's potential is now being wasted because it is non-functional.

Saving a person's life has always been one of my dreams and Genome is the way I was aiming to do it. Now it is less likely, due to me being out 945mhz.

Try having someone close to you stricken with a fatal illness/disease/cancer and then not be able to do something about it. That's why this meant so much to me. I'm not about to wish illness or disease or cancer or death on any of your friends or loved ones, I'm not that cold. But I do hope you eventually realize how much this could mean to someone it hits close to home with.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
If you want to save a life, run a CANCER project-the genome project is finished re:what they are, now it's breaking down the individual gene-but CANCER kills people EVERYDAY-figure the potential on that:eh:

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
If you want to save a real life right now, then DONATE BLOOD. You'll save a life even sooner that way, and you get something to show for it (a nifty card, and cookies).