George Harrison dies at age 58

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Another sad day in the music world :cry:

Goodbye george you will be missed.

br0ck

I bet him and John are jamming together right now!! It's a sad day for us, but I'm sure he's catching up on some lost time with John. :)

S

s4

That's just great. I woke up with blues because of the weather being shitty and now this. Oh hell, I oughta go back to bed.:(

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Originally posted by br0ck
I bet him and John are jamming together right now!! It's a sad day for us, but I'm sure he's catching up on some lost time with John. :)

Originally posted by Noite Escura]
Nah! I bet they're smoking marijuana and talking about the universe.

bzzzzzzt-wrong, he's thinking, if he could think, "damn, John was right" we are more popular than Jesus Christ, because there's nothing here:lurk:

S

s4

I watched an interview of John Lennon several years ago, he didn't mean that the way it sounded. I can't recall exactly what he said but he was not in any way intending to offend people with his comment about being more popular than Christ. He was not trying to say the he or the Beatles were greater than or better in any respect. I believe that ego had nothing to do with his comment and that he intended no harm.

George Harrison was a great man. I was a big fan of his and the Beatles. When I was a youngster of maybe 4 or 5, the Beatles songs: "Something" and "If I need someone" were my absolute favorites. The Beatles had a profound influence on my musical tastes to this day. Harrison was one of the greats both as a musician and a human.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
The quote was taken completely out of context, I agree. He wasn't comparing the Beatles to JC, just their current popularity.

S

s4

SK, it was something that happened during the 60's. John Lennon made a comment about the Beatles being more popular than Jesus. It was misread by the public and caused quite a commotion. People were smashing their Beatles albums and collectables. There are documentaries that show what was said and how people reacted.

S

s4

Here is an album cover that I found on another site. There was film of the concert that was on HBO or Cinemax many years ago that I saw.

Attachments

• concert.jpg
    concert.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 19