Gandolfini seeks 'Honeymooners' lead

greenfreak

Gandolfini seeks 'Honeymooners' lead

NEW YORK (Reuters) -- James Gandolfini's reps have made it known to Paramount that he's sweet on the idea of playing Ralph Kramden in the big-screen transformation of "The Honeymooners," Variety reports.

After Dish broke the story that Deep River partners David Friendly and Marc Turtletaub had set up the remake at Paramount with Danny Jacobson, media immediately began speculating on possible casts. While Gandolfini's size makes him a strong candidate, the surprise is that he sparked to it enough to engage Paramount and the producers.

Aside from lending his voice to the animated film "Sharkslayers," Gandolfini will be looking for another pic to do during his "Sopranos" hiatus, which starts in May and runs until January, when fifth-season filming will begin.

He looked likely to join Will Smith as hetero guys who marry each other for insurance benefits in the Universal comedy "I Now Pronounce You Chuck and Larry." That pairing will have to wait because director Tom Shadyac instead took "Bruce Almighty" with Jim Carrey.

Source: CNN

Please tell me I'm misreading the bold part--is a new Soprano's season STARTING in May or is his hiatus starting in May?? I'm getting tired of waiting for the new season to start. Anyone else watch?