Friends signed for 1 last season

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
And at a million bucks each for each episode.
Ok well... Um..yes at times i like to see rachel with those well Headlights beaming, but none of these actors are worth a million each. nor at a per episode rate. what the hell is wrong with NBC?

A million bucks is absurd, IMO. But don't forget the profit NBC and a lot of other people make, due to "Friends".

The merchandise bring in a lot of cash, and the actors are smart enough to profit from that.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
this is true, i also heard that Matthew Perry just signed up for guest appearance on ally mcbeal. And did anyone actually see him in swordfish? I do not remember seeing him in that movie.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Friends is good, I'll admit that. Even very good. But a million bucks per episode? Uh-uh :nono:

The day pigs fly over the dead body of the fat lady that sang is the day that Friends will be worth $1m per episode.

nalani

blahblahphreakingblah
hey ku'u - we should make our own show based on Friends .. a little more realisitic from our point of view ... the not-so-pretty people ... the non-whiners ... even though we make up our own rules when we play poker too :D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Why not $1,000,000. per episode? NBC, if you use the actors as a staging point, must make about $30,000,000 per episode & the viewers certainly don't tune in to see who the director was.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
$1m a year I would understand, but these people are making about as much money in a half an hour than the average person makes in his lifetime, when their acting is not worth that much.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It is too much, agreed, but shouldn't the people that make the show get paid as well as the people who produce it?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Not when the show they make isn't worth the $1m they're getting paid for it.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
You can all blame the cast of Seinfeld for this. It seems all the actors on NBC's hit shows eventually get around to doing this.