Forum infighting

flavio

superfly
Staff member
OMG! Another board?!? You guys are all over there?

I've reached my 3 forum limit and don't think I can handle another one.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Too many are over there & leaving Xi in the dust. I still prefer here.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
XiBase is still here, isn't it? Some of you may have given up hope, but as long as the host is paid, XiBase will still exist. We will never die.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Who said it's dead? Things will get back to normal once the excitement has worn off. Until then, I'll keep putting in stuff nobody responds too.:D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
So this other board is what's killing all the traffic at Xi? How long has this other board been up?

I was wondering why things had slowed down so much here.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Since 4-15

And there's a shorter link... http://otcentral.xibase.com/

It's not entirely that forum that is causing the slowing down of activity here. We don't have any uniqueness, at least none that I can see. That may offend some of you, but it is the truth. When was the last time we saw something here that is not even remotely similar to somewhere on another board?

Intelligent discussion...

Mindless spam...

Relative lack of flaming most of the time...

Occasional fight resulting in hurt feelings and artificially heightened activity...

Nope. Been other places, seen it all.

About the only thing unique to us that no other site has is the new design (of the Ice Cool theme) which has completely customized graphics (which look nice to me, but I'm biased cuz I made them ;)), and it doesn't look like that is a big attraction.

We went through this "Where the hell is all the traffic" a few months ago and everyone said it would start picking back up once winter was over and people would start getting out more and thus having more things to discuss. That doesn't seem to be happening. Spring is here, almost feels like summer, and the activity level is still down in the dumps. It almost looked like things were gonna start picking back up. Just a few weeks ago, we were getting 100-200 posts a day there for a while, wonder what happened to that?

S

s4

I love otc. Sure we have some flaming going on there, but we handle it differently there than here. Basically, we just let people tell each other off unless it really gets out of hand. Whether you like what I am going say or not, we let people talk shit over there, and it works because people gets to say what they want.

Otc will remain popular as long as freedom of speech exists. That includes being able to tell someone you are pissed at them. Look at how many times sbcanada has told people off over there. If he had done that here, you guys would of banned him. He is actually kind of fun to have around the board. It's almost like having a young Outlaw69 hanging around the board. Of couse Outlaw is quite a bit smarter, but he is also older. That's the thing, you can't just tell people to shut up if you don't agree with them. Being a mod, you have to let them speak their minds as long as they don't call you every name in the book and get too nasty.

At this board, you can't do that.

"The idiot has spoken."

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
S4 lets see the ONLY people that have ever been banned was jjr,initally started by krusty, then I let it stay in place for other reasons we are all aware of. then krusty himself. NOT for speaking his mind though. BUT for betraying the trust of the same people he helped set this site up. that was the only reason.
Hell he has proved over and over again that even at OTC all he wants to do if he comes back here is to try to tell us how wrong we are and how right he is. If he could ever get over himself and how right he is about "americans" and us here in general then id consider letting him back. But until then I see no need to.

kuulani

Neo said:
Hell he has proved over and over again that even at OTC all he wants to do if he comes back here is to try to tell us how wrong we are and how right he is. If he could ever get over himself and how right he is about "americans" and us here in general then id consider letting him back. But until then I see no need to.

Sounds like the Justin I know ;) :D