First frost in N Alabama.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Coming down now; it's reminding me of Sandy with the wind.

And the idiot I am didn't remove my window AC's; wind is coming right in :(

And yes this image is self-updating; freaked me out too.

wabc_d_1_1280.jpg

Last edited:

Professur

Mushroom at large
Storm totally squibbed. The conspiracy nutters are calling it a martial law exercise ... and a rousing success of one. I'm hard pressed not to agree with them. Not one publicized story of anyone telling them to stuff their ban.

iwajabitw

Huge, how are you survival skills working. Are the zombies out yet?

Sorry, just bad humor....hope everyone's ok.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
More of a mess than anything else. Eastern Long Island/Boston area got dumped on though; 30" +

iwajabitw

Actually snow and sleeting this morning, here...suprised they haven't shut everything down. They always overreact.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
snow...then freezing rain...then back to snow! Everything's covered in ice!

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Right now the temperature is starting to get close to freezing (i.e., it's getting warmer). Now everything is starting to melt, including the encased trees which are now dropping little ice bombs onto everything. One got me on the shoulder, another set off a car alarm, a million shards of ice all over the sidewalks.

pow...pow...pow...........pow

Watch the news; gonna be a fun day tomorrow!

Going to be 5 here overnight on Friday! :(

iwajabitw

Damn, you need to move to the south. It was 5 here a few weeks ago. Fuck that, I couldn't do it. Granted when it gets 95 with a 80 % humidity out side I'll be praying for cooler weather.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
That's okay; we get that hot summer weather too (and no a/c, except in my room)!

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Especially when they are encased in ice. Supposed to be in the upper 30's over the wkend before the new storm hits.

Probably a repeat of the last one. Ugh.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Going to be over 32 the next few days; hopefully turn the storm to soup.