Fire Trucks

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
If a fire truck was on its way to a fire and it passes another fire, which fire would it go to?

Someone sent this to me in an e-mail...but honestly...what is the code of conduct on that?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
It would go to the first fire. The one it was dispatched to. They can't just stop places along the way.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Interesting question, but Q prolly hit it head on, there's not really anything they can do about a fire that happens closer to them than the one they were dispatched to. Hopefully there's more than one fire engine in the station though, cause if not that would be kind of retarded. :retard:

greenfreak

She's right. It takes time it to get the 911 call and dispatched to the Firehouse, to get the firemen to the firehouse, suited up and on the road... The first call has been waiting longer than the second one and if they're both the same priority, the first call comes first.

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
That's what I figured, but youknow how pissed I would be if my house was on fire and I saw a fire truck or two drive by?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
yeah, but what if you lived in the first house and all the fire trucks went to the second house because they happened to notice it on the way to your house??? you'd be all pissed off calling up 911, going: hey! where are the fire trucks? and they'd be like: we don't know, we told 'em to go to your house, and you'd be like: well my damn house is burning down, and they'd be like: hmm, maybe they went to that other house instead cuz it's like way closer to the fire station...do you have any marshmellows?

greenfreak

LOL @ Q

We once did that... drove right by a car accident (minor damage) on our way to another call (child not breathing). When the call for the car accident was dispatched, our second ambulance got the call and the people there kept complaining that we drove right by without stopping to help. The crew put up with it for a while until they finally told them that we were going to help a child who stopped breathing and asked them if they still wanted to continue complaining? They didn't.