Expression

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Since they totally screwed up my last site, they are now fucking up my Bios site's forums. The reason I know it's them is because my other site that is located on the same server has forums and I am getting the exact same error message with those boards. So I know it's not my forum that is toast. They did some maint. yesterday and now both sites are experiencing CGI errors. Well, they got a bunch of emails from me which express’s my thoughts on the subject and my homepage has a nice little note expressing my thoughts as well. Will I get in trouble? No. I already confirmed the language with the service provider. It's fine with him because of all the BS I've been through with them.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Bios Central is not a small site. I think it has close to 50MB of shit on the server now. The forums DB alone is close to a meg. That's just the single DB file itself. It's had that domain name now for close to two years. I can't move it now. My only choice is to find another service provider if they can't fix it. It's kinda scaring me...I try to login to the control panel and it's coming up like nothing is even their. It's asking me to create a new member group.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Well, screw them. I'm outta there. They are trying to say that the Public directory isn't there any longer.

went through this users's files to see why their Ultraboard does not work anymore. Just by generally looking, it appears there may be a "Public" directory which is not there. This is nothing we would have modified on our side. I do not know if that is the cause of the error or not as the program is honestly written very poorly, and in fact, the program is no longer written and the company or people who wrote it no longer exist. Both url's to get information on the board and it's requirements are gone. (ultrascripts.com & ub2k.com). The 1st was sold to some ISP it looks like, and the 2nd doesn't exist anymore.

Who did the original setup of this board for the customer? Are they available?

During the course of the downtime we we able to update w/ critical packages recommended by Redhat which were severe security vulnerabilities on the old system. ALL supported programs now days are compatible with these newer programs, but perhaps since Ultraboard is apparently "out of business" it is not?

-Nate

Bite me Nate. You guys suck horseshit. Yes, it's out of business, no, I don't need to buy more software. They upgraded their system and cgi went to hell. I couldn't even access my admin page for the domain itself! Losers. They fixed their own site, but not mine. So, now I have to either reinstall the program or move. Later homers.

danleff

I just read your message and this thread. I can't believe it! Let me know if there is anything I can do. REALLY!

Burning Board is a good forum, and it does have a lot of functions and options. But it doesn't have as much as vBulletin...but on the other hand: there isn't a better forum than vBulletin available, so it isn't a shame if you don't have it :)

Although vBulletin doesn't always have to be paid for ;)

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
shadowfax, actually anytime you enter the admin panel it talks to vB so sooner or later you get caught...

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Well, the move is in progress. I'm just fed up with those people at visp. Moved to a new host and dsetup a new board based on phpBB. If phpBB dosen't work for me, then I'll change to another since the old forums are pretty much destroyed. You can view the new forums here:

Bios Central Forums

The dns propogation should take effect this weekend.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Burning Board is going corporate in the second incarnation. :(

Rumors are that it will turn out to be just as much money as vBulletin, if not more.

It had some potential, too :cry2:

Grab 1.1.1 before it's too late, it is a nice board for the money (while it is still not required to have any in order to get it :D)