EMAIL

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
The HDD died in the comcrap about a week ago. That is the comp that had my regular kirk118@home account. It just occurred to me today to put that acct on one of the working comps....duh, I know:retard: So anyway, when I checked it for mail, only one message came through. This has been my main acct for well over a year. It gets mail everyday. I know there have to be more messages and since the comps been down, they never got downloaded. Is there a way to retrieve them?

flavio

superfly
Staff member
When I had @home, in my area they had a web-based email system as well that they only told me about after I called and bugged them that I wanted to be able to check my email while I was at work.

Not sure if it's the same in your area, but I had to put "netmail.home.com" as the ingoing and outgoing mail server and that was pretty much all it took besides my login info if I remember correctly. It might be worth a try, or call them to see if the settings are the same for you.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Flav, I'm not sure if I didn't explain it right, or I don't understand what you're saying. I did set up the existing account on another computer and I got one message from the day before I changed the account.
If I put that netmail in the incoming and outgoing won't that change the server? What I want to do is retrieve mail that was already sent to the previous server. I know I got more than one message in a week. Where could they be?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Well, I guess it doesn't matter.
This morning I got a message from the @home postmaster saying I had reached the "high water mark" on my inbox, it was 80% full and if I didn't delete some old messages, new incoming messages would be returned. I called @home and spoke to the most uncooperative tech guy I have ever spoken to. He said I have no messages on the server....so apparently I have too many messages and I have no messages at all. :mad::cry:

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Q I had the same thing. I got an e-mail saying I'm at 80%. I was like WTF? Turns out you're only allowed to send 500MB per month or something stupid like that.
It could also be caused by having all your mail still on their server. There's something in Outlook that has to be checked off so it deletes the mail from their server after it's been downloaded. Mine was checked off.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I didn't send any messages, cuz I had that acct on a dead puter for a week....and Mr. Crappyattitudetech guy said I have no incoming messages on their server. I even asked him if they automatically delete them if they are left on the server too long (which I wouldn't consider a week too long anyway) and he said no. Somewhere in cyberspace is a whole weeks worth of mail. I'm sure none of it is vitally important, but it's mine....damnit, and I want it.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Q I was just suggesting the netmail.home.com as a different server to look for your messages on. When I had it set up I could retrieve the messages from either place depending on whether I was at work or home. I thought it might be worth a shot.

I'm not sure if I had to request for that service to be activated though or not.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Hmmm, I could stick that server in there and see what happens. I'll give it a shot and let ya know. Thanks Flav.