Doom ]|[ Preview

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
The Carmack speaks

[quoteurl=http://www.msnbc.com/news/758337.asp]NVidia has been stellar in terms of driver quality and support and doing all of the things right",says Carmack, who has been an outspoken evangelist for NVidia’s GeForce technology. "For the past few years, they have been able to consistently outplay ATI on every front. The problem is that they are about one-half step out of synch with the hardware generation because they did Xbox instead of focusing everything on their next board. So they are a little bit behind ATI. I told everyone that I was going to demonstrate Doom III on the best hardware, and there has been no collusion or kickbacks or anything like that going on. Our objective is the technical merit The new ATI card was clearly superior. I don’t want to ding NVidia for anything because NVidia has done everything they possibly could; but in every test we ran, ATI was faster.[/quoteurl]

How about that? The next ATI card according to Carmack outpaces a GeForce4-Ultra. At least when it comes to running DOOM3.

freako104

im a freak im so proud of that
huge i cant say thank you enough. do you know a date its supposed to come out? someone hs this same thing posted in jjr and he said he doesnt know a date its supposed to come out.