Dog Attack Trial

Professur

Mushroom at large
Guilty!! On all counts, including 2nd degree murder.

If you own a dangerous dog, you've been warned.

BigDadday

Everday People
They deserved it as they were arrogant people who thought they could get away with it. The thought of jury duty and seeing that 33 year old woman and her body are a site I do not wish to ever see. It was said the dogs shred her body.

How about letting a couple of attack dogs do that to them for punishment?

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Since I haven't been following this story much, isn't 2nd Degree Murder kind of harsh for the actions of a dog?

BigDadday

Everday People
Gonzo they knew that the dogs the bought were killers and they tried to put the blame on the woman saying it was her scent that made the dogs go nuts but the bottom line was they had attacked other people and dogs in the past and should have been killed then. Fact is they only got a 25.00 ticket for the dog biting the woman. They got what they deserved in my opinion and I love dogs but to have the type as they did in an apartment complex was stupid. BD

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Those dogs were of paticular note. THey were blood trained from puppies as I understand it all. They bought the dogs from a service that trains dogs specifically for killing.

alex

They got what they deserved.....period. If you're gonna have a dangerous animal, you better be damn responsible.....period. I used to climb all over my ex-girl cause she had 8 Rottweilers and would take them all out at one time. She was so proud of those dogs but failed to see the possible danger in having them. They were not trained killers or anything but she would take them walking thru the pasture and if some kid had been walking thru that pasture, it would have been all over for that kid.

BigDadday

Everday People
alex said:
They got what they deserved.....period. If you're gonna have a dangerous animal, you better be damn responsible.....period. I used to climb all over my ex-girl cause she had 8 Rottweilers and would take them all out at one time. She was so proud of those dogs but failed to see the possible danger in having them. They were not trained killers or anything but she would take them walking thru the pasture and if some kid had been walking thru that pasture, it would have been all over for that kid.

Glad nothing has happened but does she still have that many and why? If it's for selling and breeding I see but if not 8 dogs? I think my sister is nuts with 5. BD

Gonzo

Staff member
alex said:
She was so proud of those dogs but failed to see the possible danger in having them.

What danger? A dog of this, or pitbull, or german shepard, or doberman pinscher, breed are inherently no more dangerous than any other breed. It completely depends on the owners actions with the dog and it's temperment.

BigDadday

Everday People
It completely depends on the owners actions with the dog and it's temperment.

Exactly as these dogs were trained to be killer dogs and does anyone recall their breed as I had never heard of it before.

alex

Gonzo said:
What danger? A dog of this, or pitbull, or german shepard, or doberman pinscher, breed are inherently no more dangerous than any other breed. It completely depends on the owners actions with the dog and it's temperment.

Dogs are inherently very territorial regardless of the breed. So was my ex-girl. One good "what the hell are you doin on my property" and those dogs would have took off. Not to mention the 'pack mentality' dogs sometimes get. You can never predict what a dog is thinking or might do. My German Shepard was a real wuss most of the time. If a stranger walked up and started petting him, he'd likely start pissing and cowering. But one day I had the front door open with the screen door closed and a UPS man came to the front door and I thought Rambo was gonna tear down the screen door to get to him......for no apparent reason. Another time I was sitting on the couch one night watchin TV and had the back sliding door open so Rambo could go in and out as he pleased and suddenly he came tearing across the living room and jumped up on the couch with me......wimpering.

greenfreak

The breed of dog in that case has been bred for dog fighting for years. I'm sure you could train alot of dogs to be attack dogs but that's what this dog was specifically bred and trained for. I don't think that only training will determine whether a dog is aggressive or not-it has alot to do with genetics also.

Gonzo

Staff member
The "viscious" dogs that I've owned (a pit bull, plus some mutts) and the "viscious" dogs that friends have owned have always been the nicest dogs to be around. Mine, plus a buds doberman both thought they were lap dogs. These animals were treated kindly & were not mis-used in any way. I really believe that the animals disposition is a standard. If it's a biter, then that's what it does. If it's not, then there's no problem. Granted, some, if not most, dogs will protect their pack (us) if they sense danger-but isn't that a good thing?

We just had to put our dog down (a mutt) because he had a history of biting & one day he decided that he didn't want to go outside when momma said it was time. He bared his fangs & had his hackles up & right then, it as decided, with all the kids going in & out of here, he had to go. We couldn't allow someone else to take him (he was a danger) so we had one VERY sad option.:( the point of that sad tale is-there may be shitty decisions to be made & the owner had better have enough sense to know when it's no longer feasable to keep an animal.