1.5/2.0/2.5/3.0/3.5/4.0/4.5/5.0/5.5/6.0/6.5/7.0/
7.5/8.0x
- Supports CPU Clock Frequency:
66/75/83.3/100//103/112/124/133MHz
System Memory l DIMM 168-pin x 3 , SDRAM maximum 768MB
l Supports 64M-bit SDRAM technology
Chipset l Intel 440BX AGP Chipset
System Bus/FSB l 66/100MHz
l 75/83.3/103/112/124/133MHz (Available for over-clocking)
Expansion Slots l 1 x AGP bus

next is...

I. PRODUCT INFORMATION
IBB USER’S MANUAL 1-5
1-4 Mainboard Layout
AGP Port
PCI Slot 1
PCI Slot 2
PCI Slot 3
PCI Slot 4
PCI Slot 5
BIOS
ISA Slot 2
ISA Slot 1
Intel
PIIX4
I/ O
PS/2
USB
Top: Mouse
Bottom: Keyboard
Top: USB1
Bottom: USB2
Printer
COM1
COM2
ATX Power Connector
Intel
440BX
CPUFAN
SB-Link
IR
JP1
RIN-ON
CHAFAN
Wake on LAN
JP4
JP3

No Idea where to go for updated drivers from the manufacturer is??

BigDadday

Everday People
Here is what the cd reads

select system first
1 install audio driver
2install chipset driver and utility
3install hardware monitor
4install video monitor
5micscellaneous utilities

OK select 1 and I get

1install ali driver (for apo)
2install creative 1373 driver (for IBBP)
3install wx9 driver patch (for ibbp)
4install 4299 aucio codec driver (for 810(E)M/B-IE1V2/IEZ/ITZV4
5install VIA 1611A driver (for via chipset M/B-V47/VP1/vxz

On 2 I get

1ALI Chipset Driver&Utility (for APO0
2Intel Chipset Driver and Utility(for IBB/IBBP)
3VIA Chipset Driver and Utility (For V47//VP1/VXZ)
4Intel 810 (E) Driver & Utility (For IE1V2/IEZ/ITZV$

3 is a known one and 4 is

1Install Intel 810 (E) VGA Driver (for IEv2/itzv4/iez
2via vga driver(for V47)

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
When you first boot the computer, during the post portion, you should see near the bottom left corner of the screen you should see a long alpha-numeric string of characters. Write this down and post it back here unless you known exactly what motherboard you have, i.e, make and model. Let me know so I can DL the motherboard manual and check the motherboard manufacturer's website out to get some more info on the board.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
1ALI Chipset Driver&Utility (for APO0
2Intel Chipset Driver and Utility(for IBB/IBBP)
3VIA Chipset Driver and Utility (For V47//VP1/VXZ)
4Intel 810 (E) Driver & Utility (For IE1V2/IEZ/ITZV$

Looks like your board is a BX motherboard from what you posted, so you want to use options number 2 for the correct driver installation for the chipset drivers.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
OK select 1 and I get

1install ali driver (for apo)
2install creative 1373 driver (for IBBP)
3install wx9 driver patch (for ibbp)
4install 4299 aucio codec driver (for 810(E)M/B-IE1V2/IEZ/ITZV4
5install VIA 1611A driver (for via chipset M/B-V47/VP1/vxz

You say the board is called IBB. Select 2 for the correct driver installation. It looks like once you've installed the driver, you may need to select number 3 to install the patch for the driver.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
You probably want to install the chipset driver first, thent he video driver, then the audio and modem drivers last. You definately want to install the chipset driver first though as this will install the drivers for the AGP/PCI/ISA buses. This will help resolve and/or prevent any driver issues with the other devices installed on the system, i.e., video, audio, and modem as well as anything else you have installed.

With some motherboards, installing the video driver will screw up the rest of the OS if the chipset drivers aren't installed prior to installing the video drivers. This is why I say install the chipset drivers first, then the video drivers. Once you get those installed, the rest of the drivers can be installed in no particular order.

You got any problems, just let us know. Hope this helps.

BigDadday

Everday People
Evening just gotin from the salt mines.:)

OK I have this in the bottom left,

04/28/2000 i440BX-W977TF-2AG9KMPCC-00

Thnx.

BigDadday

Everday People
Also I have my Voodoo 3dfx drivers installed already does that make a difference?

When I tried #2 like you suggested and I am meaning this one,2install creative 1373 driver (for IBBP) I get a message that reads"SETUP REQUIRES system with windows 95 and a PIIX Bus Master Ide Controller. SETUP has detected win 98 OS. Driver cannot be installed on this system????????

BigDadday

Everday People
OK redoing the machine AGAIn as I am going to try and load the mobo drivers first. I am thinking of actually putting in 95 as that is what it keeps asking for? Then upgrading it from there after it's loaded the drivers?BD

BigDadday

Everday People
Well I reformatted and reinstalled 98 as I didn't have the 95 as I thought. I then tried to put in the mobo's driver as you instructed.(2. Intel Chipset Driver and Utility(for IBB/IBBP) and still no go??

BigDadday

Everday People
I am desperate and thought i would try instsalling win 2000 pro and see if the drivers would be on the disk? It's a long shot and xp would be next.:(

BigDadday

Everday People
HELP It is driving me up a wall and I know I have a puter I can use but this is my test one and I am failing big time on it.:D

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Ok. I just got my systems back up. We moved so I was down for a couple days.

Check here for the chipset drivers.

Intel Chipset Drivers

You want to get the Intel INF Installation Utility for Intel 4xx series chipset M/B

I've done a complete search on the web at all the locations I know of that have BIOS ID strings. The only thing I can discern is the fact that that string is related to a BIOS for a motherboard that does in fact ahve the Intel BX chipset. Beyond that, it's unknown board. I can't find any other information about it.

Does the motherboard manual or disk have any names on it? Look for a copyright or page though it and maybe come across a name. Some of these motherboard manufacturers don't put there name on them....kinda makes you wonder how much they trust their own product... :retard:

Ok. Let's get a few things straight here. Does the motherboard have onboard video or sound? If it does, look for the sound chip. If it has onboard video, then it is most likely the Intel 810 chipset that it has. Find out by carefully looking for the sound chip, if it has one, near the lower portion of the motherboard, usually on the left side of the board when looking at it straight on. If it dosen't have onboard sound, then installing the drivers is pointless. First off though, identify the sound chip and let me know. It would be real great if you could post a picture of it or a few close ups of it. Got a digital camera?

See if that works though for installing the chipset drivers.

BigDadday

Everday People
OK am downing the inf4001009.zip fot the Intel INF Installation Utility for Intel 8xx series chipset M/B and will see what happens. I also got my hands on a win95 and if all else fails will reformat,install 95 and then upgrade but another question? Is doing a reformat on win 2000 pro any different?

BigDadday

Everday People
Oh no digi and another funny is when I installed the win 2000 pro it set my settings to where I can adjust them BUT now I have no sound:). I hate this mobo lol.

BigDadday

Everday People
OK downloaded it and went to install it on the win 2000 pro and I got a message that read " The current operating system supports the intel chipset devices on your system. No INF update is needed.

OK now why no sound?