Do you think this will fly?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
[quoteurl=http://www.pcworld.com/news/article/0,aid,102881,00.asp]Hard Disk Will Have Hackers Seeing Double

Web sites could be kept safe by using a hard disk with two heads, security company says.

Kuriko Miyake, IDG News Service
Monday, July 22, 2002

Hackers will be unable to attack Web sites protected by a new security system unless they can change the laws of physics, according to Naoto Takano, chief executive officer of Scarabs, a Japanese company.

The company claims that it has developed a hard disk with two heads that prevents disk files published on the Web from being altered by hackers.

Scarabs put two heads on the hard disk, a read-only head that is connected via one cable to a Web server for people to browse content on the disk file and a read/write head that is connected by another cable to a PC for administrators who renew the data. Internet users have access to the disk file only through the read-only head and so there is no physical way they can go into the system and rewrite the data.[/quoteurl]

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
How do you account for uploading info to a website (i.e. forms submission, etc.)?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I guess you wouldn't beable to use this device to do that unless they had a seperate HD where everything woudl be uploaded to, separate from the one with the actual site on it...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Yeah, this idea probably isn't for anyone except those with static sites where only the webmaster makes updates.