Die win98 Die!!!

jayburner

pothead
I killed it once and for all. Just got done installing win2k and now my computer is nearly 100%...just gotta figure out how to post with IE instead of nutscrape. Nutscrape is marginally better now too with win2k installed..major speed boost, no lag.

S

s4

I would love to try Mandrake 8 but on 56k there is no way I want to download it.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I need damn cds to clear out this freaking drive! I want to go Mandrake as primary THIS SUMMER!

I'm going to start with burning my mp3 cds, I can do that with these small 74min cds!

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by s4
I would love to try Mandrake 8 but on 56k there is no way I want to download it.

Download Gozilla first so you can resume interrupted downloads and get it a little at a time if you have to.

S

s4

I've got the newest version of GetRight, but the iso is 650 mb. According to my calculations, it would take 30-40 hours of downloading. I just don't like to download 50 mb a day for 12 days. That's for the first cd. The second one is also over 600 mb. I found it on the web for less than 10 bucks, so that's probably what I'll do.

Thanks for the suggestion, though.

Pradeep

Frontbottom
GetRight is good, but recently my connection has been so fuckin fast I haven't needed anything. Or could be I haven't found any iso's to liberate.

Netscape used to be good a long time ago, now it's just a piece of aol turdburger.

Anyway i'm only here so brain will stop spamming me with his desires :p

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Getright also has spyware, and has had spyware for quite a while now :yawn:

catocom

Machinehead
I love 2000, but not for Pentium 1, or 2 class machines.
I still sell some of these to people that can't afford a brand-new one.;)

BigDadday

Everday People
catocom said:
I love 2000, but not for Pentium 1, or 2 class machines.
I still sell some of these to people that can't afford a brand-new one.;)

I have had 2000 and now have XP Pro on a PII 450MHz and it runs fine? I have 256 memory and it seems fine. I am thinking about putting either XP Pro or 2000 Pro on my PIII 1000 MHz machine but am waiting I guess.:)

catocom

Machinehead
Yeah, the 100mhz bus models are ok, but
the 66mhz ones, like the 266, and 300 are sluggish.
Now the cel466 on 66 isn't too bad, but 256 is the min
on mem for 2000 with out getting real sluggish.
I think 2000, an XP are close on mem usage.