Did Hell just freeze over?

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
It would ruin them I think. I seriously doubt the shareholders of Microsoft would ever sanction a move like this to begin with.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
*shivers*

I think hell's gone so far below absolute zero that heaven's starting to seem hot as hell! :retard:

rrfield

It won't ruin Microsoft. Linux needs to become much easier to use, install and administer before it even makes a dent in the desktop market. Even if Linux were to become a major player on the desktop scene, Microsoft would figure out a way to make money. Despite everything else, they still business men, they will find a way to make money.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Install? It's a graphical interface...just as simple as Microsoft, if not more so. KDE3 is WAY more elegant that any desktop MS has put together yet and packs more graphics into a faster interface. With KOffice and Open Office making serious inroads into the importation of MS docs, Linux has made bounds twords the desktop.

In the end, it's not there decision. It's the shareholders. Once they get wind that M$ is putting together a Linux distro, they'll start jumping ship unless they can pull off what RedHat has done.