Did a Reformat and ..

BigDadday

Everday People
I keep getting a couple of things that are ticking me off. First off when I right click my computer and check the properties/performance it has a window there telling me that c drive is in dos mode??

Secondly I am missing a program on my sound card and it is not showing up just sits there with the hour glass. It is the ASOUND EXPRESS External Midi {MPU 401} device?

I also am showing that the primary IDE Controller5 Dual Fifo is not working but the secondary fifo is??

I have put on win98 and it is a PII 450MHz with 256 memory and a 20 GB Maxtor HD along with 3dfx as well

I also cannot go to 800x600 in my colors settings as well?? It is showing 256,16,24 etc but I cannot slide it over to the 800x600?

Any and all help is appreciated before i toss it out.:)

leslie

The IDE and the video thing sounds to me like missing chipset drivers, it's what happened to me, anyway :)

leslie

Oh, forgot, when they were missing, I was set in dos mode. Once I put the drivers in, it was all fine again.

BigDadday

Everday People
I have done 3 reformats just in case I was missing something and the only mistake I made was I was using the wrong modem software so that is taken care of but still cannot get the drivers to load and I have done a search all thru the cd?

Justintime

Something
yes, suggest you get the latest drivers for your motherboard, if you tell us the name of your mobo and i'll see about the chipset drivers

leslie

can you get your flashlight, look at it and give us the numbers and words on the chips?

BigDadday

Everday People
OK The board is made in China by EUPA
IBB ver 1.0
PN:000.992102.000

Intel
PCI Intel
pw0257
and the rest is unreadable:(

New Mobo?? I did find out it is IBB not IBBp tho!

BigDadday

Everday People
Almost had the drivers for the mobo loaded first and I got the blus screen of death.:( I reformated and tried to redo it with no luck and am throwing a new Hard Drive in and see what happens??