DIAMONDBACKS

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
The Braves got flat out-pitched. I never have trusted Burkett, and it's now been proven why.

Congrats to the D-backs. I'll be rooting for 'em against the Yankees.

br0ck

Braves!!
screwyou.gif

br0ck

Atlanta must be the most worthless sports town!! They can't even sell out a NLCS game! Their football and basketball teams get the same kind of support! Screw them, at least the ppl from AZ will appreciate what the D-backs have done and will support them.

Oh, Bobby Cox and Ted Turner......
screwyou.gif

S

s4

I don't really care either way because I'm not a big baseball fan, but I was thinking it might be good for moral if NY were to win. Those people have been through hell the last couple of months.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw sooo many empty seats at Turner Field yesterday. Then again, maybe the fans are getting smart and KNEW that the Braves were going lose.

S

s4

s4 clears his throat and tries to do his best Housen Maratouk impression

Now boys, let's play nice so I wont have to scold you for making nasty in the forum.;)

br0ck

\
What? Great Manager? He's had how many Cy Young award pitchers under him and only has 1 Championship? Good god, how could you not win when Maddux, Glavine, and Smoltz were in their hay day. He should of pulled 3-4 champ years out of that. understanding that '94 was the strike year of course. Hell, even Wohlers was good during those years before his divorse and mental breakdown.

The ONLY person that I like from the Braves is Leo Mazzone (sp).

I'd be ashamed of being a Braves fan. They've won 10 NL East pennants and still they can't sell out Ted Turner Field. Way to go Atlanta. The Montreal Expos of the south.

br0ck

Originally posted by s4
s4 clears his throat and tries to do his best Housen Maratouk impression

Now boys, let's play nice so I wont have to scold you for making nasty in the forum.;)

Hehe, Housen is Bobby Cox in the off season.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Well, nice to see the fine reactions to my congratulatory post. You can feel free to bite me, instead. :D

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
It's the D'Backs 4th year of existence & Colangelo bought a winner. I hope he doesn't do as the Marlins did & dismantle it next spring.

RE: the Yanks & Braves-It would be awfully difficult for anybody to beat the Yanks, this year or the recent past-they've won the championship 6 of the last 7 year. That is beyond dynasty. Should they piss me off this year & beat AZ, it would be 4 in a row.
Bobby Cox is one hell of a manager-period. He has had outstanding pitching every year & good hitting most years. Just never when it REALLY counted. But, you can't knock 10 years on top of the NL.

Brock, don't be so sure about the 'Backs fans-Phoenix is as fickle as L.A. This year it'll be exciting-it's still new, next year+, who knows. The AZ fans were booing during the home games against St Louis. Remember, about half of Arizonas population is transplanted from east of the Mississippi River.