Diablo 2 Expansion Pack

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Just picked it up; anyone else have it? Friends @ work keep bugging me to join them on a quest and are willing to give me stuff. I haven't played since we all did last year around this time.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
You will have to tell us huge how it is. i looked at it the other day but didnt want to spend the money yet.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
It's ok I guess; I had to reinstall d2 so I had to start from act I again. Is it worth the $35 pricetag...probably not. The druid is cool though and being able to upgrade the helper monkey...err...hirelings is nice. My advice is if you can get it cheaper, then get it; otherwise wait until the $$ comes down some.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I personally never got into the game. I always felt the resolution was too low, it always looked like crap and a half on my 19", and I felt the graphics were dated. I lover NOX though, great games, though much too short.

As usual,I have the D2 expansion as well, never played it (surprised?).

One thing that ticks me off is this: I something about it, one of te interesting points used to get people to buy it, it looked something like this:

• New 800x600 resolution for high quality graphics

Something to that effect. The problem I have with that is simply this: IT ALREADY RAN IN 800x600 MODE!!!! ahhhhhhhhhhhh

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Yeah that was discussed in an article recently in MaxPC; I do not buy a game/EP just because it allows me to play in x by y mode. Sin2 got me hooked on D2; never even played the first one...

HavoK

Sayian Elite
I wiped the floor with D2 with both the Paladin and Barbarian but lost it all when I had to do a full reinstall on my entire system, oh well...I love the game but I don't think I'm gonna pay 35 bucks for the expansion...looking forward to the Druid myself :)