• About a year or so

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • ASAP when you see a fine chick

Votes: 7 41.2%
  • Not til you feelings for the Ex is over

Votes: 5 29.4%

• Total voters

law2

After departure with a loved one whom you've been together for ~10 years, it's ok to date again at/after:

Note: I don't want to use anyone as a rebound relationship.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Man, that sucks. :( Sorry dude.

We're here if you ever want to talk about it.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
It seriously depends on the people involved. Sorry to hear things are a bit rough right now. :(

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
This is a toughy law. Generally if you get in a new relationship fairly soon after the longstanding one ends, the next person ends up being a rebounder, even if that is not your intention. It's only natural to make comparisons and draw parallels between the two.
I think it's prolly a good idea to go with casual and group activities for a while.

This is only my opinion, however, you should do what feels right to you.

S

s4

It seems to me that you could find other things besides dating to take your mind off of it. Sometimes it's not a good idea to jump right back on the bicycle until you are sure that you have your feelings sorted out. On the other hand, it's not a good idea to dwell on dating relationship that went bad and someone new might take your mind off of it.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by law2
After departure with a loved one whom you've been together for ~10 years, it's ok to date again at/after:

Note: I don't want to use anyone as a rebound relationship.

Dating is the easy part, just ask my X who started before our divorce was final in May after 11 years of marriage and one wonderful little boy (nearly 8 yrs old). But dating and actually trusting someone again... those are two entirely different animals. For myself, I have chosen to do neither... at least for now. I suppose I am waiting for the hurt to go away before I will even consider it. Thus I socialize at a safe distance with all of you. Don't get me wrong, it is not a bad thing, but it is very safe for me.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Dating anytime is fine. A relationship will grow when it's ready. Calling dating a relationship is the fastest way I know to guarentee it never will be.

Inkara1

Well... Melissa and I are still in the "dating" stage. We're keeping it non-serious until I get back to Fresno, at the soonest. I asked her on a date in February, and given our schedules it didn't happen until April. So we've been "dating" since April but we're not "going out."

HavoK

Sayian Elite
I voted 2 weeks but that's just me...I'm sorry for the lose my good man but like s4 said, it's not good to jump right back on the bike...but it's your life and you make the decisions...if you want to know what to eat for dinner, then talk to me first ;)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
message to myself- Read the post then vote dumbass

Whenever you are ready, don't worry about 1 day or 2 years. Never, ever approach a dating situation as a possible relationship, that may/may not evolve depending upon it's own merits. If you go looking, things get out of order & it could get ugly.:eh:

Lost1

I have heard it takes as loong as half the length of the realationship to get over someone, lets hope that is not true for both of our sakes.

Good luck man. :lurk:

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Lost1
I have heard it takes as loong as half the length of the realationship to get over someone, lets hope that is not true for both of our sakes.

Good luck man. :lurk:

Yeah, you too.

chocfix

SORRY TO HEAR OF YOUR LOSS.
EACH POST REPLY HAS BEEN FULL OF GOOD ADVICE,
BUT YOU WILL KNOW WHEN THINGS ARE RIGHT FOR YOU, JUST DON'T CLOSE YOURSELF OFF FROM THE WORLD, CAUSE IT WILL BE A WONDERFUL PLACE FOR YOU AGAIN...I PROMISS:)
BE OPEN TO NEW THINGS...YOU NEVER KNOW WHAT MIGHT BE JUST AROUND THE CORNER.:wave:

----------------
HE WHO LAUGHS LAST, THINKS SLOWEST.