Cookie Monster is a sellout whore

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
In one taping, Senate Majority Leader Bill Frist taught Elmo to exercise — jumping up and down.

I'll have to look for that episode. I'ts not that often you see a senator making an ass of himself without votes being directly involved.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Professur said:
The PC monster rears it's ugly head again.

How is this the PC monster? It's not wanting the world to be full of fat kids. Yes, parents SHOULD parent and teach that cookies are a somtimes food...but the sad reality is that a lot don't...they just plop their kids infront of the TV. I applaud Sesame Street for making this change.

Professur

Mushroom at large
Nixy, I watched Cookie monster eat platefulls of cookies. Didn't make me do it. The Cookie monster is just that .... A cookie monster. Just like Oscar is a Grouch. If they want a Celery monster, make one.

BTW, the missus was outraged. Sesame street was already black listed chez nous, but now, it straight banned.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Nixy, I watched Cookie monster eat platefulls of cookies. Didn't make me do it. The Cookie monster is just that .... A cookie monster. Just like Oscar is a Grouch. If they want a Celery monster, make one.

BTW, the missus was outraged. Sesame street was already black listed chez nous, but now, it straight banned.

You probably had a mother who taught you the difference, and who provided you with meals though.

Some kids are left to fend for themselves...make their own dinner even.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Gonzo said:
Child Protective Services

Yeah, if the system was perfect all the kids with deadbeat parents would be taken away from them...but we both know the system is far from perfect.

Inkara1

So the answer is to condone parents letting TV raise their kids, and insist that big brother step in to bail out inadequate parenting?

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Inkara1 said:
So the answer is to condone parents letting TV raise their kids, and insist that big brother step in to bail out inadequate parenting?

No, you make the best of it and hope that if these kids have deadbeat parents NOW who have slipped through the cracks then maybe they can learn something from the TV and their situation and be better parents themselves in the future.