Cable's fun side

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Ugh-ohhhhh!!! latest word from Comcast

As of Friday, 11/30/01, a Bankruptcy Court Judge ruled that Excite@Home has the right to end its contracts with its cable partners. This does not necessarily mean that Excite@Home will turn off the service. In fact, we are continuing discussions with Excite and the other cable affiliates and creditors to do everything possible to avoid an outage.

and the story http://dailynews.yahoo.com/h/ap/20011130/tc/excite_internet_access_8.html

Gonzo

Staff member
At this time, around-the-clock negotiations continue with Excite@Home and its creditors to prevent any interruption of service. Currently, we are not aware of any planned service interruptions and will update this hotline if the situation changes. We apologize for any inconvenience this situation has caused and thank you for your loyalty to Comcast.

Gonzo

Staff member
tell me this isn't getting personal...

SAN FRANCISCO (AP) - After a bankruptcy judge cleared the way, the ExciteAtHome high-speed Internet network cut service to 850,000 AT&T Broadband customers early Saturday, but said subscribers to other cable companies were not immediately affected.

they refuse to sell for $307million because the offer is too low, yet they went bankrupt with an income of approximately $50MILLION a month

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
The government apparently pays more on the dollar for a bail out. Now I got no Internet....... WAAAAAAAA.

Gonzo

Staff member
WOOHOOO!!!

On 12/3/01- Comcast and a group of other broadband service providers reached a definitive agreement with Excite@Home that ensures the uninterrupted continuation of high-speed service for Comcast @Home customers.

Gonzo

Staff member
and finally......ExciteAtHome received court approval Tuesday to continue high-speed Internet service for about 2.1 million subscribers through February under a series of deals that will generate $355 million for the bankrupt company while preserving the right to sue its cable partners for alleged abuses.

The agreements approved by U.S. Bankruptcy Judge Thomas Carlson ensure that customers who buy the ExciteAtHome service through six cable companies will retain their high-speed connections until they are switched to other networks.

ExciteAtHome subscribers who received the service through AT&T haven't been as fortunate.

Redwood City-based ExciteAtHome unplugged the AT&T customers earlier this month after AT&T refused to negotiate new terms for continuing the service.

AT&T says it has switched its all 850,000 AtHome customers to its own cable network, but many customers have complained about connection problems and sluggish downloading speeds.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
....AND, since I recently moved...I got free installation, 2 free months, and a hundred dollar gift card ( dunno what that is yet) but trust me, I will find out. :D

CABLE LIVES!!!! tralalalala

patweb

Eater of Hot Peppered Steak
My access went down again on Saturday. It has been down since then...... Milpitas, CA. Got on ATT chat and 800 people were ahead of me! I waited about 4 hours, finally got in. Yes, they are having access problems in my area and no they don't know when it will be fixed.