Browns Game Nearly Suspended by Shower of Debris

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Why do "fans" do this shit?

CLEVELAND, Ohio (Reuters) - The Cleveland Browns' final home game of the season nearly ended prematurely in a hail of beer bottles and debris on Sunday.

A controversial call against the Browns in the final minute that cost them a chance of victory over the Jacksonville Jaguars, and probably any shot at the playoffs, set off the ugly and dangerous scene at Cleveland Browns Stadium.

Fans began pelting the field with plastic beer bottles and other debris and referee Terry McAulay decided that it was too dangerous to continue and declared the game over with 48 seconds left with Jacksonville leading 15-10.

Rest here

unclehobart

this is my special title
I agree with the fans... you simply cannot can back a play after other pays have been run. Its was utter BS and I would have thrown crap as well.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Bad call or not. I am a browns fan and dont think this should have happened. Things like this remind me of the soccer games where mass hysteria happens. In the end its just a game.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
TOTAL BS! That's why, I woulD OF thROWN stuFF TOO!

-ps I havE A W5.SPACES VIRUS AND THAT"S WHY I HAVE TO TYPE LIKE THIS>

Inkara1

I think it was a shitty call too but that doens't give them the right to throw bottles at people.

Are those fans everywhere, or did the Cleveland Decorum Corps make a trip to New Orleans for Monday Night?

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
The exact situation occured earlier this year for the Browns when they came here to Soldier Field, but the officials did call it right. During the first miraculous drive by the Bears, WR Dez White caught a pass very close to the sideline. The Bears quickly ran a play, and THEN the officials began to review the play, then correctly ruled that the play was not reviewable because a play had already been run. It probably would've stood anyways as Dez White had both feet in bounds, but i's not like late replays haven't hurt the browns enough this year.

Why did the Saints "fans" have to go and pull the same shit last night? the refs there made the right call, which was obvious, there's no way they're gonna miss that pass interference. The fans should've been more pissed off at the players for making so many dumbass penalties all game. They had a 2nd and goal from the 5, and they went back 30 yards from penalties. They were extremely fortunate to get a TD there at all, they almost penalized themselves out of field goal range even.

BigDadday

Everday People
Hey I live in Cleveland and am both a Browns N Indians fan to an extent.I like to watch them etc but I and you must realize that those teams are no longer sports teams but business's. They could care less about any outcome as long as the $$ keep rolling in and they are profitable. Sorry but I've watched them back in the days when a bleacher ticket gave you access to just about anywhere in the old stadium and I think they are headed back down the same road.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
In this day and age who isn't in it for the money?

Well, those fans aren't. They're not there to get paid to watch anything. They just wanna see some football.

And when they see atrocities like that, things can get out of hand, resulting in the beer bottle throwing :smash:

To tell you the truth, I would've done the same thing.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
A)-the call was wrong & the referee & friends should be suspended, if not fired, for such a dunderheaded & absolute ****-up of a call. One can only speculate if it would have given them a playoff berth, but it certainly couldn't have hurt, and,

B)-Under no circumstances do the fans have the right to throw projectiles onto a playing field. It is a dangerous, misguided & low life attempt to change an outcome. Suppose they'd have hit their favorite player &, by stroke of "luck", killed him? Then what? and,

C)-Stupid zebras, if the fans are throwing things, head to the center of the 50 yard life AWAY from the stands, not directly into fire:retard:

BigDadday

Everday People
C

Only trouble with that one is the fans including a santa claus came onto the field as well. They should have aimed at them.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Sure is dangerous. But a damn effective method of letting the officials know of your displeasure, since they don't seem to be able to see or hear correctly.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Hit them in the head, knock them unconcious. Making them lose the ability to move and think makes them more effective. :D

Instant Replay has stunk from day one, I'll definitely agree with that.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Instant replay is good when someone takes a ride. I saw this instant replay one day when someone did a complete 360° after being run into by a barrage of players from the opposite team.