Boys!

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
So I am talking to Billy and he tells me that he and I should just be friends. I was all like why and he told me that I am not what he's looking for and blah blah blah. He told me that he was too shallow to continue dating me but wouldn't tell me why. He said that I wasn't ugly or short or anything. But after a long conversation I figured out that he just all worried cause he though I wanted a commitment from him and stuff. I explained to him that I had just wanted to casually date him and now he is being all nice to me again...go figure...

I knew that I should not have gotten myself all in-like with some boy! I knew I should have let myself just stay completly single for a while. But look who you are talking to. :) I've been single for like 5 or 6 months and so far this is my first boy problem...that;s pretty good for me.

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
True, girls do some very messed up stuff. Usualy you hear about how some girl walked all over some guy. In my case it's always the guy wlking all over me. :(

Acid

stud
A girl told me she loved me.

A few days later she called me everything thing in the book because she didn't trust me.

She obviously has issues.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Eh D.P.........

I guess on the one hand, you can be thankful that his confession, however betraying, could be saving you from a future of further confusing pain and misunderstanding.

Unfortunately, I too, have never handled personal rejection well and still don't.

Yer obviously out of this poor boy's league.

The tough part is when, inspite of this rejection, ya still want him.

For what it's worth, there's nothing wrong with comittment, at least by me.

I personally would'nt date anyone who I felt would not be a "potential" life mate, but that's just me.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Re: Eh D.P.........

75renegade said:

I personally would'nt date anyone who I felt would not be a "potential" life mate, but that's just me.

I feel the same way.

And I think that guys and girls both suck. Too many people are uncaring about other's feelings these days.

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Jus' to clarify....

I think of us, as all being on the same plane. We're all selfish and want what makes us happy, that's only natural.

I, like you probably, have discovered that unless the person I'm attacted to, has the potential to find more common ground with me than not, its pointless to pursue romantic endeavors, since if true, we'd each want things that are in opposition to the goals of the other, promising future disappointment.

The real challenge here is NOT to compromise the things we hold dear at heart, for a sense of approval from the ones we care about.

Easier said than done, no doubt............:)

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
I am SO afraid and not wanting commitment right now. I am having fun being single and such. But sometimes I miss waking up next to someone.

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
Re: Eh D.P.........

75renegade said:
I agree with you in certain way. But when you love someone that you can't have, and you can't like anyone else, the best thing is to date someone that doesn't really love you. At least you don't feel guilty...

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
Boys are stupid

Either they are completely in love with you but it is impossible to be together (because of distance or circumstance) and they get all puppy dog eyed when you tell them so (makes me feel so bad), or they won't be with you because of circumstances that are STUPID (even though it seems like they want to).

*hates boys SO much*

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Re: Re: Eh D.P.........

Noite Escura said:
But when you love someone that you can't have, and you can't like anyone else, the best thing is to date someone that doesn't really love you. At least you don't feel guilty...

On the contrary, why would you want to spend time pursuing someone who doesn't love you?

Suppose, while being tied to them in a "temporary", shallow sense, someone compatible with you, who really cares about you, comes along, but supposing you to be taken, passes you by.

This most unfortunate set of circumstances, can lead to broken hearts for all involved.

I believe its better to save yerself for someone, who genuinely is interested in you, whom you feel is truely compatible with you.

Less pain. More friends. Wiser use of time, etc.........:)

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
75renegade said:

On the contrary, why would you want to spend time pursuing someone who doesn't love you?

Suppose, while being tied to them in a "temporary", shallow sense, someone compatible with you, who really cares about you, comes along, but supposing you to be taken, passes you by.

Yeah but sometimes you feel so bad you can even think about someone else... It's good to have someone that's there for you then. Better if she's in the same situation as you. It happened to me and we both happened to help each other...

This most unfortunate set of circumstances, can lead to broken hearts for all involved.
That's why I said it's better to be with someone that doesn't love you in this hour... no broken hearts

I believe its better to save yerself for someone, who genuinely is interested in you, whom you feel is truely compatible with you.

I agree, but I have to confess, after too much time searching for the really compatible person, I'm beginning to think I should look for an uncompatible one...

Professur

Mushroom at large
Nixy said:
Boys are stupid

Either they are completely in love with you but it is impossible to be together (because of distance or circumstance) and they get all puppy dog eyed when you tell them so (makes me feel so bad), or they won't be with you because of circumstances that are STUPID (even though it seems like they want to).

*hates boys SO much*

You may have hit on a good distinction between boys and men.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
Thank you, Prof. Beat me to it.

DP, re-read Prof's answer. And find a real man.

Gato_Solo

Seems to me that DP, like other girls, choose the wrong boys. If you pick the loser, then it's your fault and nobody elses. It's often easier to blame others than to take a good look in the mirror and change the way we select our partners. Only then can we be truly happy.

PuterTutor

You've hit it really good right there, I've got a sister-in-law that has had one husband that beat her, one husband that shot himself, and her current husband is doing 10-20 in the Penn. Now, she is finally beginning to ask herself, "Am I picking the wrong Men?"

Duh, Stupid.

btw, I'm not saying it's her fault her first husband hit her, but she knew he was an asshole before she married him, but saw it as macho bravado, so it is her fault she put herself in the situation to be beat.

DarkPrincess

One of a Kind
I agree that I have not been meeting real men lately and stuff, but then again, the guys my age have yet to become real men. So I guess I am just kind of screwed.