Bluecurve

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm going to take a look at this new desktop from RedHat today. Were pulling the ISO's down at work. Actually, we pulled them down last night, so we'll burn the ISO's this morning and install it. From what I understand this will be a kind of integration between KDE and Gnome. Not really sure how the Linux community will react to this but it'll be interesting to see. Anyway, hopefully I will be able to grab a ew screen shots of it today.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
yea please do. I wanna pull the iso's too. but home is way to slow. but i hear its supposed to be very nice.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
I'm wondering how the Linux community is reacting to it. Merging two desktops is not going to an easy thing. KDE and Gnome both have their hard core followers. Trying to merge the two may do more harm to RedHat than good.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Yea i know. I imagine some are going beserk about now. I realize why they are doing it, it does make sense to give it a single look. if anything it will always leave us the option to install whichever we want to use though.

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
hehehe. Yeah. We got a friend up Portland who pulled it down at his work where they have like five or six OC3's. We pulled it down from his box once he yanked it down in a few seconds. Lucky bastard....

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Here's a quick peak at the default desktop for RedHat 8.0.

Attachments

• snapshot1.png
    snapshot1.png
    70.1 KB · Views: 5