Becoming Human

75renegade

Official Wine Taster
Gonzo said:
an interesting multimedia trip down our collective pasts. not for wine4all & 75 renegade & definately recommended broadband

http://www.becominghuman.org/

I don't believe that you actually believe half of what ya post 'ere ya fargin' evolutionist "copout"! My muncle was not an' onkey! (as far as I know.......an' you either........):laugh:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
I do follow the theory of evolution quite closely & believe they're on the right path to discovering our deep dark secrets. There are some major flaws though, starting with: If we evolved from an ape species, why are there still monkeys?

Don't start the Genesis thing, I'm not in the mood:D

flavio

superfly
Staff member
You can see evidence of human evolution in the last 100 years. You can't ignore the obvious.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
OK, Gonz...

If we evolved from apes... what did apes evolve from???

Do you really believe that "LIFE" began as some cosmic coincindencde?
That is just not possible. That is like saying "LIFE" came to exist as a function of having all the building blocks neccessary for life and they happened to come together at the right place and right time and in an environment suitable to sustain life. Fat Chance! There had to be a master plan behind creation and that plan had to be of divine origin. Even if you had all the right amino acids and proteins and an environment suitable for life you could not cause those basic elements to live, only God can do that. And where would all that stuff come from ? God created everything out of nothing! If I gave you all the parts of a completely disassembled watch and put them into a ba,g, how long woul dd you have to shake the pieces before they "happened" to fall together as a complete watch?

Forget the question of , "Did we evolve from apes?". Where did the apes come from? How did LIFE itself begin? The answer is that God who always was, is and ever shall be, created it. Why? Because he desired a relationship with beings who (like God) had free-will.

Gonzo

Staff member
Put 1000 monkeys in a room with 1000 typewriters for 1000 years & one is, by chance, bound to create the works of Shakespeare. It's an infinate universe full of infinate possibilites. Shit happens:D

100 billion planets. if 1% of that are inhabitable. and 1% of that are able to support life. then 1% of that gets the proper materials to start life and 1% of that does, there are at least 1000 planets with life.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
But, where did everything come from? If nothing existed in the vast infiniteness of the universe, then there are no possibilities, none! Where did the stuff of the universe which makes some of those infinite possibilities possible come from? And, how did that "stuff" come to be imbued with LIFE and consciousness and knowledge of right and wrong?

Gonzo

Staff member
the Big Bang is a good theory right now. The exact same question can be asked about God, so don't start on that;)

Right & wrong are not universal. ask any cannibal. look thru history & it's laws, we keep getting more & more clever with ways to step over the boundry without breaking the laws...

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I have an interesting theory. The universe is timeless. It has always existed, it has no point in time where it was non-existant and then suddenly it existed. Time is not a constant at all, but it is merely a sensation that we humans experience, simply something to keep track of how many times this planet spins around and revolves around the sun.

There's no concrete evidence to support that the universe was instantly created, and the big bang theory is utter crap if you ask me. If an explosion rocked the universe and sent all the matter flying about, there's very little chance that masses the size of this planet would've remained intact, and even a billion "years" wouldn't have been enough time for a lot of dirt to suddenly clump together and start spinning around a star, let alone 9 of them. Even so, in the case of a Big Bang, then where are the burn marks on the planet surface? Fire consumes oxygen. If a huge explosion occurred, wouldn't that explosion have eaten up all the oxygen?

Thus, my theory that the universe never began, it has just always been in existence.

And yes, I do believe there is a supernatural being somewhere, I just don't think it would have been so bored as to gather up enough dirt and rock to put together a planet full of unintelligent, incompetents such as ourselves. :retard:

You can't create matter out of nothingness, and it is the same for energy. That energy had to come from somewhere. The only logical explanation is that it always existed.

gotfrag

Gonzo said:
I do follow the theory of evolution quite closely & believe they're on the right path to discovering our deep dark secrets. There are some major flaws though, starting with: If we evolved from an ape species, why are there still monkeys?

Don't start the Genesis thing, I'm not in the mood

god damn does ANYONE EVER GET THIS RIGHT? We DID NOT EVOLVE FROM MONKEYS!! We evolved from a common ancestor, that means that one species mutated in two successful ways then died off. Our ancestors are NOT LIVING RIGHT NOW. Seriously, dont tell me u dont know that please

flavio

superfly
Staff member
The other option is a guy with a beard created the earth in 6 days and then took a break right? Is that supposed to make more sense?

gotfrag

fury said:
I have an interesting theory. The universe is timeless. It has always existed, it has no point in time where it was non-existant and then suddenly it existed. Time is not a constant at all, but it is merely a sensation that we humans experience, simply something to keep track of how many times this planet spins around and revolves around the sun.

There's no concrete evidence to support that the universe was instantly created, and the big bang theory is utter crap if you ask me. If an explosion rocked the universe and sent all the matter flying about, there's very little chance that masses the size of this planet would've remained intact, and even a billion "years" wouldn't have been enough time for a lot of dirt to suddenly clump together and start spinning around a star, let alone 9 of them. Even so, in the case of a Big Bang, then where are the burn marks on the planet surface? Fire consumes oxygen. If a huge explosion occurred, wouldn't that explosion have eaten up all the oxygen?

Thus, my theory that the universe never began, it has just always been in existence.

And yes, I do believe there is a supernatural being somewhere, I just don't think it would have been so bored as to gather up enough dirt and rock to put together a planet full of unintelligent, incompetents such as ourselves. :retard:

You can't create matter out of nothingness, and it is the same for energy. That energy had to come from somewhere. The only logical explanation is that it always existed.

Okay just try to imagine a billion years. Now, Multiply that by about 5000. All the matter in the universe came together in a center, a gravity well of some sort. The gravity made it smaller and tighter, but the gravity also made it much hotter and more engergetic. After a while, the outward energy exceded the gravatic pull. Then a huge explosion, like a supernova with stars, occured. All the matter was FLUNG outward, then after a looong looong time slowly started to slow down. Matter naturally pulls towards other matter, so small clumps of matter started forming. These clumps came closer, the gravity increased, so it came even closer. The clumps Naturally took the shape of a sphere eventually because all the matter was pulled towards the center. This formed the galaxies and stars. The planets were just miniature stars forming from the remains of the old star that exploded. There also, is proof that the universe is still exploding, by using blue and red shifts we can see that galaxies are moving farther and farther away from the center. Eventually the gravity will make everything slow down gradually, then it will stop. After a while everything will start coming back to the center. Then you have another big bang :D Simple as that :smash:

gotfrag

Gonzo said:
Put 1000 monkeys in a room with 1000 typewriters for 1000 years & one is, by chance, bound to create the works of Shakespeare. It's an infinate universe full of infinate possibilites. Shit happens:D

100 billion planets. if 1% of that are inhabitable. and 1% of that are able to support life. then 1% of that gets the proper materials to start life and 1% of that does, there are at least 1000 planets with life.

monkeys dont live that long

Gonzo

Staff member
Winey-I said that wasn't for you anyway:D

Gotfrag-Monkeys gets the point across & these monkeys live that long;)

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Gonzo,

Who else will give you a decent argument, all these other hell-bound athiests agree with you!!

You cannot leave me out!

Gonzo

Staff member
did you at least watch the video?

One of the questions I've wondered for some time-If Jehovah created all of this, where was he before he made the Hebrews the chosen people? I mean, the Greeks & Romans had their mythological deities who were the all knowing, all powerful ones before the 31st century BC. What makes your God anymore real than theirs?

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
fury said:
I have an interesting theory. The universe is timeless. It has always existed, it has no point in time where it was non-existant and then suddenly it existed.

If the universe always existed, then why is it expanding? Expansion suggests a linearity of existence, a beginning followed by this state of continual expansion. This also suggests there will be an end to the universe.

You are right, you (meaning man) cannot create something out of nothing. Only an all powerful God can do that, and He did.

Only God has always existed. He created us because He desires a relationship with us. It is only sin that seperates us from God and he provided us with a way to bridge the gap of sin by sending Jesus (fully diety Himself) to live among us as a man and die as the perfect sacrifice for our sins. All He (God) requires is that we accept Jesus as our Lord and Saviour to gain eternal life in Heaven with Him. We will outlast this universe either in Heaven or in Hell... it is our choice!

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Gonzo said:
did you at least watch the video?

One of the questions I've wondered for some time-If Jehovah created all of this, where was he before he made the Hebrews the chosen people? I mean, the Greeks & Romans had their mythological deities who were the all knowing, all powerful ones before the 31st century BC. What makes your God anymore real than theirs?

The Bible traces the lineage of the "house of David" from Adam to Jesus so "He" was around since the beginning of the earth (and before). Is there any evidence to the existence of the Greek and Roman pantheon of Gods other than mythological writings? Much of what is written in the Bible has been substantiated by historians of the ancient world and archeologists of the modern world. Can any other alleged diety make that claim?