Anyone use Drive Image 2002?

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
I just got it the other day and I having some issues. I made the boot disks during the installation and they work flakey at best (I can boot but the dos version of DI doesn't seem to want to load). I've been trying to image auntie's C: on my hard disk and I tell it to do that; it says okay, let's reboot then I'll image it. System reboots and goes right back into XP. I've checked setting after setting and it happens every time. I even scheduled it to image the drive on the next reboot via task scheduler but still it goes straight into Windows.

I installed it on my laptop running win2k and while creating it's hidden partition, it froze and now my drive is fubared (not important though; just did a fresh reinstall previously).

I imaged one of my partitions just to test the stupid thing out and it worked fine, but didn't have to reboot windows to image the partition. Is there a file it creates to let Windows know what it's doing? I'm going to search the web and see if I come up with anything.

Specs:
p3-450
12gB system partition (on her drive)
60gB drive (3 partitions) on a SiS ATA-133 controller add-in card
256mB ram
XP Home

Any suggestions? :confused:

Kruz

Staff member
I have not used DI yet (using norton ghost).. but I have downloaded it and was going to try it... But now I'm not so sure

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Nothing as of yet; I'll try reinstalling it. Maybe something got fuxored...never had problems with Partition Magic. I might d/l Ghost though...

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Well i uninstalled it and reinstalled, and created new floppies. Since I'm imaging the system drive, I have to go to dos anyways and the floppies worked.

The thing is, I think it's confused to which drive it should boot from; this doesn't look right to me (they switch values in dos mode).

Attachments

• di.jpg
    di.jpg
    74.8 KB · Views: 17