Anyone ever order from motherboards.com?

Acid

stud
They are overpriced. That's all I saw when I went.

I use <a href="http://www.pricegrabber.com">Pricegrabber.com</a> to get everything. It finds low prices, and allows consumers to rate the vendors.

HomeLAN

Bumbling Idiot
Staff member
resellerratings only has 2 opinions - both quite negative. I'd think twice about it.

S

s4

I just got a new Athlon XP with a ECS motherboard. I am very pleased with it so far. I don't see why any home user would need a multiple processor board for normal computing or even playing games. This baby zooms.

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Motherboards.com has always seemed a little high on prices so I have never ordered from them.

I have had really, really good luck with www.newegg.com for a lot of parts. And they rated good at reseller ratings. Also, they are very competitive on prices.

For CPU's, I have always ordered from www.accubyte.com using the www.pricewatch.com pricing. They are usually one of the cheapest for processors.

My new rig that I'm on now is mostly from NewEgg....

Maxtor 60GB HDD - $98
Abit KR7A-RAID - $132
Crucial DDR - $80
Plextor 24x - $119
Creative 16x DVD - $45

And the XP1700+ is from Accubyte - $104

I have ordered many other parts from NewEgg and Accubyte and the only trouble I have had was a K6/2-550 was delivered with 2 bent pins. I bent them back and all was fine.

I hate to recommend anyone to people in case someone gets a bum deal, but NewEgg has always been good to me! Here are a few others that I deal with on a regular basis:

www.mwave.com
www.crazypc.com
www.plycon.com
www.micropro.com
www.coolerguys.com
www.caseetc.com

Hope this helps!
:beerchug:

AMDnut

Eee equals emcee squared...
Hey s4, what ECS board did you get? I had a K7S5A for a while and it worked well. Some people are having trouble with them, but mine is still going strong for a buddy!

S

s4

Yeah, that's the one I have. I put an Athlon XP 1700 wth a CoolerMaster HHC-001 on it. Is perfect so far...

S

s4

I should mention that I almost had a nervous breakdown putting this heatsink on the chip. This thing is very heavy. It is 1 pound of solid brass. I'm pretty sure it's all brass.

Acid

stud
I've heard Newegg.com is shit loads of trouble. One guy I talked to ordered a GF2 Ultra from them, page saying instock, waiting a few weeks, never got it. His CC was charged, and no product. Then, he called them, they told him to wait longer, etc. blahblah.
he finally had to call his CC company and have them fix it.

I think they also tried suing him because he left them negative feedback or some shit.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Ive ordered from a lot of different online stores. Tigerdirect and newegg as been very good to me. Hell newegg even went through the trouble of my mixed up mind and was willing to replace a vid card that i ordered wrong. at no extra cost.
And tiger has offered to do the same thing a couple of times.