Anybody hear about 3G?

fury

Administrator
Staff member
/me caresses his sledgehammer... nice sledgehammer... calm sledgehammer... calm sledgehammer, thou willst be buried inside thee skull, thee whom art Gonzo... patience, my massive metal friend...

:smash:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
How does this technology work though? Won't it require massively expensive hardware to be installed on every cell phone tower or something?

rrfield

I really dont know enough about 3G specifically, but putting the apps mentioned in the article wouldn't need "broadband" (ie more then 4kHz bandwidth or 64,000 bps). A vast majority of cell towers have digital transmitters already, and yes they would have to get some new equipment, but not that much really and if you spread the cost out to $30 a month per 3G phone...and it will probably pay for itself in a very short ammount of time.

I hate cell phones. Cell phone users are usually rude and self-important.

rrfield

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You mean like the kind that insists on taking their cellphone to the movies and talking louder than fuck in the middle of the movie? As well as taking them to restaurants... those people SUCK!

If you're in a situation where you absolutely will NEED to answer the phone, you SHOULDN'T be anywhere that having a cell phone is going to disrupt the atmosphere.

rrfield

yes, those are the assholes im talking about. one day you are going to read about me in the papers because i set every mobile switching office in indiana on fire...