All your clock cycles are belong to us (Welcome to the Collective)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Hello and welcome to the distributed computing forum. :)

We are currently looking into affiliating with a site that contributes to <a href="http://gah.stanford.edu/">Genome@Home</a>, a distributed computing program associated with the Human Genome project, which aims at helping to better understand the human genome.

We're curious as to who would be interested in doing so and would like to hear your thoughts.

brainsoft

Co-founder/alumni
I think the XiBase members should all contribute to one account on te OCN team. We could pillage their village! :)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
resistance is futile
you will be assimilated into the collective :eek:

K

krusty

I'll stay on the OCN team for now guys, but it'll be interesting to see how the xibase collective grows.

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
I like brainsoft's idea. Even though I don't run Genome I still like his idea. Well, it's not that I've never run it. I used to run it on my computer for brain but then it started taking over everything. Nothing else would work, Genome was running a dictatorship inside my computer so I had to get rid of it. I guess that's what I get for having a P133 with only 32mb of ram. :(

PostCode

Perverted Penguin
Staff member
Originally posted by Nix:
<STRONG>I like brainsoft's idea. Even though I don't run Genome I still like his idea. Well, it's not that I've never run it. I used to run it on my computer for brain but then it started taking over everything. Nothing else would work, Genome was running a dictatorship inside my computer so I had to get rid of it. I guess that's what I get for having a P133 with only 32mb of ram. :(</STRONG>

Maybe we need to run a parts collection/donation here for ya. :D I got a bunch of crap I can rumage through. I know for sure I got a 233 CPU or two or three out in the garage. :D

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Nix, how'd you end up with my computer? I thought I was the only one with a P 133 and 32 MB RAM.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You two have a lot in common...

Slow computers... Tried to run Genome... you both post here... Methinks you 2 should get together sometime! :D :D :D

(j/k. *ducks the chair* :eek: )

Inkara1

I'm on JJR's team too.

It's kinda sad seeing people with P133 computers, when I have a motherboard with a K6-2 300 just sitting right behind me collecting dust.

jopes

Your Nightmare
what I would like to know is how come I am still stuck on a 486 with 16 megs of ram and this shitty 2x cd drive!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Dust collections are my favorite. you can never get enough of this stuff

jopes

Your Nightmare
Originally posted by fury
Dust collections are my favorite. you can never get enough of this stuff

well if you get close enough.

My dust is all you will be choking on!