A m8 from Scotland wrote this....

BigDadday

Everday People
i think that the last week has effected the whole world in different ways and have composed my thoughts into a little poem
Children of the world unite
we need to, to win this fight
the fight against this evil race
to make our world a better place

we help each other all we can
to break this evil sorid plan
and in my heart i know we will
as we are many, thay are nil

we want a place where children play
with toys not guns, the childrens way
a place for them to grow in peace
a place where we know they are safe

so lets all bow our heads and pray
for that gloriouse happy day
the day when we will all be 1
and the evil of this earth be gone

composed 15/09/01
WILBEE

wilbee

the sword of knowledge is bluntened by the ignorant

the race i go on about in the poem is a not so new race that needs to be eliminated from this world in order to provide peace

the terrorist

WILBEE

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Look through history. The "evil race" changes by generation & country of origin. That seems to me as being open to interpretation.

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Well, it's not certain who this race is. Even the attempt at clarifying doesn't help much. But I've never heard of terrorists called a race before. As in "the terrorist race".

...and who are the ignorant?

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
I think he just used evil race cuz it rhymed.
see look:

the fight against this evil assholes

the fight against this evil terrorists

the fight against this evil shitheads

the alternatives ruin the alliteration:D

...and I believe he was referring to the people who support the terrorists cause as the ignorant.

wilbee

glad to see Q managed to suss it out

the sword of knowledge is bluntened by the ignorant was directed at the person/people who actually thought i meant 1 race of this world. i personally thought it was obvoise who was meant as the evil race, no offence meant and i hope none is taken

wilbee

flavio

superfly
Staff member
Seems fairly obvious to take offense at being called ignorant for simply reading the words you wrote. There is no race of terrorists.

and since a wave of racism has already begun , maybe should be more careful with your words that you are trying to get to rhyme.

Maybe you were ignorant of the racism problem though.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
Flav, go make a graph and simmer down. :p He said no offense was intended...and since he lives in Scotland I think it's safe to say issues of racsism in the States might not be on the front page of all their newspapers. He wrote a poem, I believe it was with the best intentions...lets try to take it at face value instead of analyzing every word...ok?

flavio

superfly
Staff member
I realized that his poem may have been written with good intentions, that's why I simply asked for some clarification. Instead of clarifying he started name calling.

People of middle-eastern in the U.S. are scared right now and rightly so. There are plenty of idiots out there who are taking this out on any that looks a certain way. There are others that are calling for destruction of entire nations for retribution.

Our vengence should not be directed at certain races (meaning the generally accepted normal use of the word), but at those responsible.

So while I appreciate the good intentions I do not appreciate being called names when asking for clarification on a subject that is a real problem right now.

wilbee

no offence meant and i hope none is taken

flavio i appreciate what u are saying and please accept my oppoligies if you took offence but remember that here in the UK we have been trying to deal with terrorism for the last 30 odd years with the Provisional Irish Republican Army and i do class terrorism as an evil RACE of people which i would like to see eliminated from this planet weather they be british, german, arab, chinese, japanese, spanish, american etc..

WILBEE

wilbee

ok in answer to your question the evil race is the terrorists of the world no matter what enthnic background they come from!

WILBEE

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
wilbee tell flav he's not ignorant so he can quit bieng in a tiz. :eh:

wilbee

flavio please accept my apoligie for calling you ignorant, this was maybe too harsh, but i presume you are american and will be aware that since 11/09/01 feelings have been running very high all over the world and as i do not really know you i am not in the position to call you ignorant. please accept my invitation to chat on icq and we can lay this one to rest m8

sorry again

WILBEE
msn: [email protected]

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
...very cool wilbee :cool:
*grabs wilbees butt as a token of apperciation* :D