A.I.

Q

stepmosnter
Staff member
yeah! I'm dying to hear if this is as good as it looks on the clips...I'm not much for going to the theater, but I would if I hear great reviews from real people.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
listening to an ordinary joe on the local radio, it's a good movie but not for kids unless you really want to explain things throughout the entire thing * the ending is weird-
no sh*t-it was a Kubric project :cool:

unclehobart

this is my special title
It has slid to 3rd place after only one week. Eep! Spielberg is going to get spanked over this one. I smell flop. Its got too much Kubrick in it... its way over everyones head.

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
see thats what i was afraid of UNC. If kubric wouldnt have been involved i think it would have done a lot better. But noooo he had to have it done his way, IM the damn producer so there:p

Nixy

Administrator
Staff member
This may sound really stupid but could someone please explain wha Kubric is to me? PLEASE? :confused:

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Stanley Kubric-an American Icon in the field of Motion Picture Direction-he is amazing BUT you must be a film buff to understand most of his work. He did (he died in the last 24 months) Clockwork Orange(what the **** was that movie about anyway), 2001: a space odessey, full metal jacket, the shining-among others-very unusual director

unclehobart

this is my special title
Don't forget Dr.Strangelove. Lots of his stuff is cinematic gold. Its high quality and a bit disturbing in nature.

unclehobart

this is my special title
Eyes Wide Shut - 1999
Full Metal Jacket -1987
The Shining - 1980
Barry Lyndon -1975
A Clockwork Orange -1971
2001: A Space Odyssey -1968
Dr. Strangelove Or: How I Learned To Stop Worrying And Love The Bomb - 1964
Lolita -1962
Spartacus -1960
Paths Of Glory -1957
The Killing -1956
Killer's Kiss -1955
Fear And Desire -1953

...almost forgot about Spartacus. It won a ton of awards even though Kubrick almost disowned it. The owning studio almost completely pull the rug out from under him as a director. He moved to England shortly thereafter and refused to make another film unless he had total control.

sicmun

AI was really good and even though he wasn't involved it was still an awsome production that you thought he was a part of. Jude Law and Haley Joel Osmond (sorry for spelling) were really teriffic actors and I don't think that anyone else could act those parts better. :)