486 laptop question

BigDadday

Everday People
OK it is an oldie I know but I might be able to use it for some card games etc when AND if this operation takes place but how do you add something from a floppy onto it? I know I have to go from C:| to A but everytime it says bad command so what am I doing wrong besides messing with this and lastly will I be able to copy off of a floppy the games and will it let me install them? I am lost I want a laptop but I am stuck with this so if anyone has an idea please respond.BD

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
Well BD.
On the floppy try to find an install.exe or a setup.exe. If by chance it doesnt on some old proggies all you have to do is transfer the files to your hard drive and find the executable for the program.
If you open the file system you should see the drives on the computer. just copy to the drive .

BigDadday

Everday People
Thnx Neo and if I have any problems I will ask. I have some games on floppies that I had but as of yet have not looked but will now.BD

BigDadday

Everday People
OK got in with a: and DIR so now

OK the dir worked and took me to where it showed that I have 20 files
978960Bytes and 476160 free.
and another a prompt?

did the dir/p and it came up that the volume in drive a has no label,it is a floppy I made of a game,and says press any key to continue.

Pressed and got a viewset exe 122400 10/29/90m9:48a

20 files and the bytes how many are free so my next step to add this on would be????In other words how do I get it to copy onto the hard drive?

This is all new to me so bear with me>:(

BigDadday

Everday People
How do I do this in 3.1? I am not or hjavwe ever tried it and there is no right click etc?? Yes it would be easier!

BigDadday

Everday People
Yahooooooooo I found it and yes this is easier I thought I had to do it thru dos. Thnx for your patience Neo.BD