2001 MLB Playoffs

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
AL - Seattle(116-46) hosting Cleveland(91-71)
Oakland(102-60 and a wildcard) at NYY(95-65)

NL - St Louis(93-69, tied with Houston) at Arizona(92-70)
Houston(93-69-Div winner) at Atlanta(88-74)

It seems to have lost some of it's glory, as did the Bonds variety of records, Hendersons records & Cal Ripkens last days in baseball, not to mention Sosa.

Heres:beerchug: to a great baseball playoff series(all 4 of them) and a spectacular World Series:beerchug:

alex

I say it's gonna be Seattle vs. Atlanta in the World Series with Seattle winning it in 6 games or less.

unclehobart

this is my special title
What a coincidence... I was about to say that I hate all of the teams and everyone involved ... and anyone with a conception of baseball... just to keep even handed mind you... I don't want to play hatred favorites. It makes people all too jealous.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Curt was awsome last night. Threw a 3 hitter and struck out 9.
Johnson is pitching tonight. I fell sorry for St.Louis.

Fuser Man

blah, blah, blah
Damn! Woody Williams was the man last night. When did he get skills? Why couldn't he pitch like that when he was here in TO.

unclehobart

this is my special title
In fact the Braves shut out the Astros. It was the first time in over 100 games that they have been shut down like that. Its good to see Smoltz in his old form again.

Stop Laughing

it isn't that funny!
Staff member
Randy Johnson's a death sentence in the playoffs, he's lost his last 7 starts. If the D-backs didn't have Schilling they'd be dead for sure. Where's Kevin Brown when needed?

Houston's finished, their pitching staff was in shambles going into the series, and it won't be back until next year. Atlanta will probably complete the sweep.

Seattle got stunned in Game 1, I think they'll come back and win it though, Cleveland has no other good pitcher besides Colon, and he can't pitch every game. Mariners in 4.

I think Oakland will win their series in 5, it'll be a great battle. Last night's game was huge for them. What would Oakland's record have been if they weren't in the West and had to play Seattle so often? Also, if Oakland were to win it all, they'd have to win all 3 serieses without home field advantage in any of the series, despite having the second best record in baseball. Try to figure that one out... :spin:

D-backs and Cards will also be a good series, most likely to go 5, but I think the Cards will win it. They've been on fire for the last month, and I think they'll ride it past this series.

Between Seattle and Oakland, it's very tough to choose. Oakland has the momentum, but Seattle is Seattle. I think the Mariners will win it because they have something to prove, that being the best record does mean they're the best team. Either 6 or 7, I'm leaning towards 6.

Atlanta and St. Louis should be a pretty good series, and I think the Cards are a better team than Atlanta and will win pretty handily, probably 5 games.

In the World Series, I think Seattle will beat the Cards in only 5 games. No NL team would be able to matchup with Seattle as well as the AL teams would.

Just my thoughts. :)

br0ck

Originally posted by Fuser Man
Damn! Woody Williams was the man last night. When did he get skills? Why couldn't he pitch like that when he was here in TO.

It's the exchange rate. For every 1 earn run, it's 1.6 earn runs in Toronto and Montreal. :D