$130,000 isn't enough to live on

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Wow... I could live nice for 4 years on 130,000

I went to College of San Mateo!!! My old stomping grounds, too..

coolio

tko97

Cocaine Superhero
OMG. What an arse!
I wish I had a $130,000 a year. But then I have to quit school. I wish I wasn't in school. Oh well.

wine4all

SWM 40 seeking truth
Originally posted by Spirit
Wow... I could live nice for 4 years on 130,000

Just remember that when I tell you that I am prosperous and ask you to marry me! By-the-way... would you be willing to sign a pre-nup?

BigDadday

Everday People
Why is it the more you make it seems the more you want? I just wish I had a job that paid 1/2 that. BD :cry:

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Screw living, I'd buy me a distributed computing fleet full of T-bird 1.4's at 1.7 with that kind of money.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
For those who have never been to the San Francisco area-it's hard to fathom, but $130K isn't that much there. Imagine, $2.3M, for a duplex. It's also worth every penny. But, not worth a bank robbery.

BigDadday

Everday People
I understand what your saying Gonzo but it's the same in NY and other places as well and people aren't robbing banks to help their life styles. I also know people out in SF and it is beautiful but my home here would be worth 10 times if it were there. BD

flavio

superfly
Staff member
San Francisco area or not $130k will pay for an extremely nice lifestyle.

The guy had been bankrupt and had child support payments, but STILL!

alex

You couldn't pay me enough to go to California. I did some investigating on salary to cost of living ratios and California is one of the worst. The money I was offered to go there would never buy me what I have now. :eh:

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
'tis true; by the time I left last February, you could very well expect to pay $500k for a tiny 2BR house. Commuting is the pits too.

But I do miss the SF skyline.