Yankees or Mariners?

markjs

QuackHead
The Yankees have the edge in starting pitching but I think my Mariners are a better team. 14-3 shows we woke back up and hopefully we can take our record breaking season to the max!

Neo

Administrator
Staff member
I think it would be awsome to see the mariners win! (hides from huge) To me it gets boring when you can predict whos gonna take it all.

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
AS long as the Diamondbacks make it, it really isn't important. That been said however, GO MARINERS

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
It's going to be a good series, but all the pressure is on the M's since the Yankees weren't even supposed to beat the A's (despite been 3x-defending champs)

Don't make me come over there Neo! ;)

markjs

QuackHead
Well its over.....sure if the Mariners have a miracle in their pocket it'd be cool but lets face it New York has bought yet one more world series. The Yankees payroll is by far the highest in baseball, and unfortunately there will be no real competition until Baseball implements some kind of salary cap like the NFL has. and the Yankees, being the richest will just keep winning every year, year in and year out. The Mariners gave it a hell of a go with a team that cost us nearly 50 million dollars less than the Yanks, but Unfortunately I dont think we have the money to hold together such a team for next year....damn....heartbreak in Seattle

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Payroll, smaroll; Look at the Rangers in hockey; they've had the biggest payroll in the past 10+ years; how many cups have they won? 1? They haven't even made the playoffs the past 4 years. So money isn't everything...

The series ain't over yet, ratboy...I still think they're going back for game 6. The M's are way too talented to lose in 5. If they lose tonight, then they have given up (and I doubt that on a Lou Pinella coached team). But...

Go Yanks