Woman's Corpse Turned Into Soap

S

s4

[QUOTEURL=http://www.shortnews.com/shownews.cfm?id=11307&u_id=3806]It may sound like a joke, but a museum of medical oddities in Philadelphia has the corpse of an extremely fat woman whose body transformed into a soap-like substance when she died.

Scientists are probing the body to try to discover what caused the transformation. They were excited by the results of a CT scan, which showed organs still intact within the corpse.

They are hoping to find out who the woman was, and how she died. When she was donated, the museum was told that she died from Yellow Fever in 1792, and was buried in a cemetery near Fourth and Race Streets, but none of that is true. [/QUOTEURL]

Believe it? I don't.

unclehobart

this is my special title
All you need to convert fat into soap is a strong base. Sounds like the woman was buried along with a !@#$% of industrial strength lime.

S

s4

Originally posted by unclehobart
All you need to convert fat into soap is a strong base. Sounds like the woman was buried along with a !@#$% of industrial strength lime.

I'm not convinced everything I read on shortnews.com is genuine. I've read a few stories there that kind of give me the impression that they are a little bit like the National Inquirer of the web.