What is protecting your puter?

Noite Escura

The unpredictable
This is meant to share any good hints on protective stuff and info on new stuff out there. I have a basic combo of free stuff: AVG, Ad-Aware and Zona Alarm. So far this has kept me from bugs, trojans, and undesirable stuff I'm aware off. Some people said that AVG is no longer reliable though. Any good free anti-virii software out there. I'd like to hear your experience, people. :)

Gonzo

Infinitesimally Outrageous
Staff member
Noite said:
Some people said that AVG is no longer reliable though.

Of course. I finally find one & it sucks. (I installed it for the first time 2 weeks ago.)

Router & Norton until March 4th. I don't want to pay them amymore.

Huge

Holla if you hear me!
Staff member
Still using NAV 2002 (bought an new subscription last xmas; cheaper than buying 2004), ZA Pro, Spybot, & Ad-aware.

Inkara1

I'm still using NAV 2002 as well. My subscription has to be renewed every Ovtober, though. I use that and Spybot.

catocom

Machinehead
router/firewall
AVG (I think it's more dependable that norton myself) I haven't hade any problems with it.
Spybot.
and I clean my temp, cookies, and stuff about 2-3 times a day with
a cleaning program.

Also I have windows messaging cut-off, along with remote reg service,
on my win2000/xp machines.

Gato_Solo

My home system is protected by 2 things...Norton anti-virus, and no net connection. ;) I let the DoD protect the one at work. So far, nothing bad has happened... :shrug:

catocom

Machinehead
Well avg's update files haven't been working for a couple of days now,
and my niece's comp kept starting this "Blockade" crap from Nickelodeon. (when ever I tried to run avg)
So I've started using "antivir", atleast for the time being in conjuction
with avg just to be safe.